Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 minute cutoff

Default Re: 30 minute cutoff

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Well the softphone did work and it was not just once. I checked my call log and there are at least 5 calls over 30 minutes from the softphone. I have opened a ticket.

Something else weird I noticed last night. The mac address printed on this adapter is off by exactly one digit. The last digit was off by one number.
    Well, half the mystery is solved; from what I can find online, x-lite implements the session timer feature

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Well, half the mystery is solved; from what I can find online, x-lite implements the session timer feature
    Dunno but my wife will never agree to keep this if it cuts her calls off at 29.5 minutes. She can talk forever....

I am using the device they shipped me that I received yesterday and its cutting calls off at exactly 29.5 minutes. I just sent a email to support. Odd because before I hooked up this device I was using X-Lite to make calls and was on the phone 90 minutes with no problem except a slight bit of noise on the line and the person on the other end if out of state saying they heard a echo of some kind (odd since I was using a headset).
    with VOIPo supplied ATA (HT-502/HT-286), you should not experience the 30 min. cut off

I see some possibilities:

1. your ATA is improperly provisioned
    2. your ATA is not been automatically provisioned by VOIPo
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    with VOIPo supplied ATA (HT-502/HT-286), you should not experience the 30 min. cut off

I see some possibilities:

1. your ATA is improperly provisioned
    2. your ATA is not been automatically provisioned by VOIPo
    I think #1 is the answer. Perhaps because I was using the softphone before I got the ATA.

Dunno but my wife will never agree to keep this if it cuts her calls off at 29.5 minutes. She can talk forever....
    Try this: "Honey, if you're going to talk for more than 1/2 hour, you need to use the softphone! (LOL)

These are the settings on my 502 relating to call timing. Don't know if this is relevant. All of mine are set to no..

Caller Request Timer: No Yes (Request for timer when making outbound calls)
    Callee Request Timer: No Yes (When caller supports timer but did not request one)
    Force Timer: No Yes (Use timer even when remote party does not support)

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    These are the settings on my 502 relating to call timing. Don't know if this is relevant. All of mine are set to no..

Caller Request Timer: No Yes (Request for timer when making outbound calls)
    Callee Request Timer: No Yes (When caller supports timer but did not request one)
    Force Timer: No Yes (Use timer even when remote party does not support)
    AFIAK, these settings should do the trick (for VOIPo openser configuration)
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    AFIAK, these settings should do the trick (for VOIPo openser configuration)
    I can login to this things web control panel and see the basic settings but any of the other tabs it tells me I have the wrong password. How do I check those settings?

I can login to this things web control panel and see the basic settings but any of the other tabs it tells me I have the wrong password. How do I check those settings?
    Call or put in a ticket to have support check it for you.

I already have a ticket submitted. I received this update today.

We'll have an engineer see why you are experiencing this problem, and get back to you once we have a resolution. In the meantime, let us know of any updates, if any, on your end.