Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 minute cutoff

Default Re: 30 minute cutoff

I'm very happy to report that I made a 45 minute call today !! No more 30 minute cutoff

Is Voipo a great company or what !?!?

Good news, but
    Need to further elaborate on equipment, call, server, etc
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    I'm very happy to report that I made a 45 minute call today !! No more 30 minute cutoff

Is Voipo a great company or what !?!?
    Yes they are. I think the service is great.
    I can not wait to see what happens next. I have had the service less than a month and despite a few minor problems I am really happy with the product. I can not wait to see what happens next. Even in my short time here I have seen things continue to change for the better.

Thank you Tim and all the staff for your hard work and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    Good news, but
    Need to further elaborate on equipment, call, server, etc
    PAP2T, sip.voipwelcome, local call.

Session timers are enabled only on incoming calls. Please test incoming calls to be sure of the cutoff.

I use Asterisk 1.4, and I manually backported session timer support from the 1.6 branch (digium bug id 10665). If people are interested, I can provide the compiled chan_sip.so and also the merged source file. Overwriting chan_sip.so in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ is enough (a restart of asterisk or the system is not required).

I must disagree. All the calls I got cut off on, were initiated by me.

Outgoing calls cutting off might have been because of something else. I have since switched to central01. Before that, outgoing calls would drop sometimes because asterisk could not "re-authenticate". It might also be because I was using codeblue in fromdomain.

I can definitely say that RFC 4028 session-timers are being enabled only for incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by zcnkac View Post
    Outgoing calls cutting off might have been because of something else. I have since switched to central01. Before that, outgoing calls would drop sometimes because asterisk could not "re-authenticate". It might also be because I was using codeblue in fromdomain.

I can definitely say that RFC 4028 session-timers are being enabled only for incoming calls.
    Hmmm, that's weird. I could swear I had a number of calls dropped at the 30 minute mark when I was calling other people (that was on asterisk 1.4 before I moved to 1.6).

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    PAP2T, sip.voipwelcome, local call.
    Local call does not count. This is voip...
    Is it sip to sip or sip to pots?
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!

Guys, read the rfc again
    Sst is to prevent zombies
    my wish list: