Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 minute cutoff

Default 30 minute cutoff

It's been a while since I was on a call for over 30 minutes, but today my line went to a fast busy @ the 30 minute mark. Was there a fix for this ? Something I need to change in my PAP2T ? I really dislike having to call Sirius Radio, mainly because it takes them forever to solve billing issues.

Default Re: 30 minute cutoff

Last edited by Montano; 12-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.

I didn't realize there were so few BYOD users...... Hopefully someone will come up with a fix for the 30 minute call limit.

there is no fix, since this is per voipo policy (e.g. the customer HW has to support the requisite protocol, and the GS does, and your pap2t doesn't.) i'm not criticizing them, just the way it is. this is why i had to upgrade from asterisk 1.4 to 1.6

I spent over 2 hours with Dell's billing and customer service dept's with the 502 a few days back. Never dropped the call, quality great.
    Could they fix the billing issue, no !^cking way.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
    I spent over 2 hours with Dell's billing and customer service dept's with the 502 a few days back. Never dropped the call, quality great.
    Could they fix the billing issue, no !^cking way.
    I'm confused! We already know the 502 works, no? Or are you hinting that he should ditch the pap2 for a 502?

1/2 hour calls are not the norm for me, but it would be nice not to have to worry about the phone cutting off after 30 minutes. Is GS the only company that has the proper protocol ?

I am using the device they shipped me that I received yesterday and its cutting calls off at exactly 29.5 minutes. I just sent a email to support. Odd because before I hooked up this device I was using X-Lite to make calls and was on the phone 90 minutes with no problem except a slight bit of noise on the line and the person on the other end if out of state saying they heard a echo of some kind (odd since I was using a headset).

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I am using the device they shipped me that I received yesterday and its cutting calls off at exactly 29.5 minutes. I just sent a email to support. Odd because before I hooked up this device I was using X-Lite to make calls and was on the phone 90 minutes with no problem except a slight bit of noise on the line and the person on the other end if out of state saying they heard a echo of some kind (odd since I was using a headset).
    Hmmm, open a ticket I guess. Sounds like it isn't enabling rfc4028 Why the softphone works is another question...

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Hmmm, open a ticket I guess. Sounds like it isn't enabling rfc4028 Why the softphone works is another question...
    Well the softphone did work and it was not just once. I checked my call log and there are at least 5 calls over 30 minutes from the softphone. I have opened a ticket.

Something else weird I noticed last night. The mac address printed on this adapter is off by exactly one digit. The last digit was off by one number.