Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VMWI won't turn off

Default Re: VMWI won't turn off

I turned off all the VMWI stuff in my PAP2T and now it does not show a message waiting, and I do not get the stutter tone. However, the VMWI on my phone is still on

If you don't have a way of manually resetting the VMWI on your phone (e.g. on Uniden cordless sets, holding the PAGE/Find Handset button for about 5 sec clears the light), try turning your VMWI stuff back on, and reboot the PAP with a bogus sip domain. Maybe it will send a clear MWI signal in that state.

I will try the page button trick and see if it works. Thanks

I did the page button trick and for the first time in several weeks I have no VMWI light on

I was so happy to see the light go off that I didn't even want to test it by leaving a voicemail !! Many thanks for the tip.

If you had gotten really desparate, I would have suggested that you contact NY Tel to see if he had any leftover 'black dot stickers' from the early ATTCV DVG-1120M-behind-the-router days (status light flashed red--very annoying) Glad you're all set.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    If you had gotten really desparate, I would have suggested that you contact NY Tel to see if he had any leftover 'black dot stickers' from the early ATTCV DVG-1120M-behind-the-router days (status light flashed red--very annoying) Glad you're all set.
    I have those stickers just in case. I'm going to try and get some bailout funds from the government to cover the cost of storing them in a warehouse in Long Island City.
    Oh but then my compensation will be capped at 500K

VOIPoRay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    I have those stickers just in case. I'm going to try and get some bailout funds from the government to cover the cost of storing them in a warehouse in Long Island City.
    Oh but then my compensation will be capped at 500K

who's still having issues with their MWI? i'd like to keep from having NY Tel Guy's compensation capped at 500k, so we'll let him sell his stickers elsewhere ;-)... i seem to have some time lately, so i'd like to get as much info on this as i can.... (i.e. is this easy to reproduce? like, will it happen any time you get a new vm, etc) also, if you could pm me with your problem DID and an IM or some way that i can get hold of you (especially if you're near your ATA at around 3-6PM Pacific Time) then we can go through some testing and see if we can finally lick this pesky issue... unless you guys just like the sticker idea ;-)

<~~ Raises hand

I'm having a problem with the light never going off. PM headed your way.