Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VMWI won't turn off

Default VMWI won't turn off

Anyone else seeing this ? It was working fine before, but now it won't turn off. I made sure all new/old messages were deleted, and I tried the 'update MWI' button also.

Default Re: VMWI won't turn off

Yeah, MWI has ongoing issues.

---
    Here is from a DSLR post:

In terms of the MWI light, this is an ongoing issue in terms of compatibility with some phones. We are working with Grandstream on this because we are sending the notifications correctly and we were told this should work much better in an upcoming firmware upgrade. From testing, it appears this will be the case. So MWI currently does seem to have a small error rate where the signal is not being processed correctly (mostly it not going back off). We acknowledge this as a known issue.
    ---

We've talked to several other providers having the same issue with the 502 and are working with GS on it...

I think this is in part because the 502 is not a "mature" device per say. It's stable, but probably hasn't been around long enough to address all the compatibility issues with different phones. They assure us it's being improved.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Wait. You're using BYOD and still seeing issues with it?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yes My light has been on for a few days now.

This IS the BYOD forum Tim

I have had this issue all along and it was put down to having the GS502 behind my router.
    I have now moved it in front and still cannot get rid of the stutter dial tone. It goes after a reboot but comes back later.
    BTW, no speed issues with the GS502 in the chain of devices, still maxing out the Comcast connection !!!!!

I did a reboot of my PAP2T and the light went off. I called, left a message, light came on. I listened to the message, deleted it, light stayed on

Quote Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
    I have had this issue all along and it was put down to having the GS502 behind my router.
    I have now moved it in front and still cannot get rid of the stutter dial tone. It goes after a reboot but comes back later.
    BTW, no speed issues with the GS502 in the chain of devices, still maxing out the Comcast connection !!!!!
    I find the same with my DSL. I have it behind my router but at first, thought it was flaky. Discovered that my router was not too good. Got a Linksys 54G or something, and that didn't play well either. Picked up an ASUS WL-520GU and plugged it in..haven't looked back since..and the QOS works quite well.
    I use my DSL modem as a bridge to it and the GS plugs into a port and away we go. I don't use the VOIPo VM as my wife likes the answer machine. Since it's remotely accessible, nothing is lost.

I was a bit apprehensive about the GS502, but that little thing just sits there and plays nice. In fact, I put my trusted SPA2102 on the backup shelf.
    I should have known that if Tim chose this box, it would either run well or he would have bought the GS company and made it do so.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21635927-
    Was very inexpensive in this post.

Is Asus WL-520U loaded with the Tomato software?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

My VWMI appears to be working again

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21635927-
    Was very inexpensive in this post.

Is Asus WL-520U loaded with the Tomato software?
    I got lucky with the special and rebate when it appeared. Best router I ever had.

It is capable but why would I need it. Just as it came out of the box, with a few config changes, it just sits there and works solidly. I don't remember when I had to reboot it, or the 502 or DSL modem for that matter.

I get the full speed that I am paying for...I don't know what else I'm missing.