Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

Default Re: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

Quote Originally Posted by bwarden View Post
    I tried setting up forwarding last night with "VOIPO1 FWD ME", but I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work, and I ended up disabling it. I checked vpanel this morning and finally figured it out -- my cell phone number is ABCDEFGHIJ, but vpanel showed the forwarding number as 1ABCDEEFGH. I'll send the actual number directly if it will help.

When I used "VOIPO1 FWD <explicit number>", it worked fine.
    OK, so we need to look at the ME command. I'll add that to bug list.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Any chance in allowing email messages to access the same API as the SMS control (with a PIN of course since anyone could spoof the email message). It would be nice to be able to setup a cronjob to schedule DND during certain hours. I know that's alot to ask for, but figured since it's the same API, it might be easy to do.

Has anyone been using this more? So far no complaints on it. We can pretty easily add things to it so we're open to functionality suggestions with it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    Any chance in allowing email messages to access the same API as the SMS control (with a PIN of course since anyone could spoof the email message). It would be nice to be able to setup a cronjob to schedule DND during certain hours. I know that's alot to ask for, but figured since it's the same API, it might be easy to do.
    It would be pretty easy.

How much interest is there in a Web API like this?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I would definitely be interested in a web API.

It would be pretty easy.

I would really like a web service. Especially if I could add/delete call routes too. I could create a dashboard application that my family could use to control the phone settings (my route for private straight to voicemail, forwarding, etc.)

Dan

Web API would be great. Being able to schedule my own jobs to control things such as forwarding and DND would be great.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Has anyone been using this more? So far no complaints on it. We can pretty easily add things to it so we're open to functionality suggestions with it.
    just tried it today for the first time and it worked like a charm. Not a bad deal since you can do it while in a meeting.

Count me in as well for the web interface. I think that for at least those of us that have data plans, simply opening up our browser and going to a web based interface that is taylored for mobile use and changing any of several options would be easier to use, with no need to memorize the sms commands and no need for confirmation text or email messages. I'm not saying replace the sms option but having this as a choice would be awesome.

RA

Can you add a command to toggle simul ring?