Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

Default Re: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

A web service would be useful for me as well. I'd like to do things like: forward calls to work at start of workday, cell when at lunch, remove forwarding at end of workday. DND activation and deactivation at certain times which vary depending on day of week. Given a web service I could set up cron jobs to perform these actions.

Another thought would be to come up with a list of all desired actions and make them controllable via whichever frontends can accept the needed parameters and returned data: web panel, web service, SMS, and telephone/voice interface.

So whats the status of an API or Web Service? I've got to setup something to schedule DND for nap times because my wife's father is a freaking idiot and always calls at the most in opportune times.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    So whats the status of an API or Web Service? I've got to setup something to schedule DND for nap times because my wife's father is a freaking idiot and always calls at the most in opportune times.
    Aren't in-laws great?

Quote Originally Posted by hines86fan View Post
    Can you add a command to toggle simul ring?
    I would like to see this as well.

Also, how about putting the available commands in the SMS VPanel page? I know not every customer uses these forums.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-12-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N View Post
    A web service would be useful for me as well. I'd like to do things like: forward calls to work at start of workday, cell when at lunch, remove forwarding at end of workday. DND activation and deactivation at certain times which vary depending on day of week. Given a web service I could set up cron jobs to perform these actions.

Another thought would be to come up with a list of all desired actions and make them controllable via whichever frontends can accept the needed parameters and returned data: web panel, web service, SMS, and telephone/voice interface.
    This type of thing has been on the top of my wishlist. I'd love to see some scheduling capabilities as mentioned, esp for DND and forwarding. The idea that it changes for days of the week would be great. Even better would be if you could specify callers who were always exempt for the scheduling (ie older parents who never call at ridiculous hours unless there's an emergency ).

That said, I'm really excited about the SMS feature! You don't know how many times lately I've had to navigate through the Voipo control panel from my phone to turn off/on forwarding. Love that the single SMS would do the same. (BTW, by keeping the web interface simple, it loads rather well on my phone and doesn't take forever to perform actions.)

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    This type of thing has been on the top of my wishlist. I'd love to see some scheduling capabilities as mentioned, esp for DND and forwarding. The idea that it changes for days of the week would be great. Even better would be if you could specify callers who were always exempt for the scheduling (ie older parents who never call at ridiculous hours unless there's an emergency ).

That said, I'm really excited about the SMS feature! You don't know how many times lately I've had to navigate through the Voipo control panel from my phone to turn off/on forwarding. Love that the single SMS would do the same. (BTW, by keeping the web interface simple, it loads rather well on my phone and doesn't take forever to perform actions.)
    You can do scheduling by using the API system very ..very easily.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-20-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Is SMS Control still working?

I tried (for the first time) to forward my phone to a number, and I got an error message from AT&T Wireless saying "Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short cut." I sent the SMS to 95495.

Should that number work with AT&T Wireless?

I'm running out of options - I need to be able to remotely enable and disable forwarding. Now that Remote Access isn't working, I hoped that I could do the same thing with SMS (even though I don't like to pay for an SMS message every time I need to make a change).

Gary Sanders

What was the exact command you sent? Change your number to 123 if posting here.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    What was the exact command you sent? Change your number to 123 if posting here.
    Hi, Tim,

Voipo1 fwd 1234567890

(Note the lack of upper case, since I couldn't find a way to create a message with all caps). Is it case sensitive?

Since my last message I've been playing with the Voipo API's, and got that working. I just created a web address with all the Forwarding parameters I needed hard-coded in, and saved that to my bookmarks in my cell phone, which has web access. I also hard-coded a FWD OFF address.

So now I can just use the API web address to turn Forwarding ON and OFF. The added benefit is I don't have to worry about SMS fees.

The only drawback is the API doesn't provide any status feedback after the command, so I'll just have to call the number afterward and see if it's properly forwarded.

Gary Sanders

I just received a new cell phone and was recreating VOIP1 templates. I didn't have my old cell on so I had to do a little searching in the forums to find the listing (and this thread). It may be handy to 'pin' this thread; maybe there already are, I just couldn't find them.

BTW was the 86476 number ever implemented? I tried it but got back the Error Invalid Number message from ATT. Not really much of an issue as the 95495 number works just fine.

For the good of the order, I just tried some SMS messages without the VOIPO1 prepend on the 95495 number and they worked as well.