Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

Default Re: Alpha Feature: SMS Control

95495 is the only one active. This feature doesn't really get enough use to justify doing our own SMS code (86476) at the current time ($1K+ per month).

Everything works great on it though....it's just the extra VOIPO1 prefix that has to be added.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 04-21-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I just showed this to my wife and she loves it.

I am noticing that the fail command does not seem to be working for me. fwd works fine. Could someone else test this?

Has anyone tried this using an iPhone? My wife just got an iPhone (so I'm not familiar with the device). I registered it in the Beta/SMS Controls tab of VPanel, made sure it was toggled green, then sent "voipo1 dnd voicemail" to 95495. I used "Messages" on the iPhone, which I assume is the SMS application. Nothing happened.

I then used my cell phone (which is registered to my Add-on line) to send the same command to the same number, and it worked fine.

The only thing that was odd about the iPhone was that when I entered the number "95495," the phone converted it to "95-495." Is there some special way to enter 5-digit SMS addresses on the iPhone?

VOIPoLucas Guest

I just messed around with this a little on an iPhone 4 and things went ok, but the voicemail command wasn't recognized. When you tried it on your other cell phone, voicemail was recognized?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoLucas View Post
    I just messed around with this a little on an iPhone 4 and things went ok, but the voicemail command wasn't recognized. When you tried it on your other cell phone, voicemail was recognized?
    Yes, my other cell caused the DND feature to go from "Disabled" to "Voicemail." That was with my Add-on line, not my primary line (my cell phone is registered to the Add-on line, while my wife's iPhone is registered to the primary lline).

Maybe I'll try some other commands with the iPhone -- possibly the DND to Voicemail command is broken?

Interesting. It tested the command "voipo1 fwd me" and it worked. I then tested "voipo fwd off" and it didn't work. Morever, each time I tried "voipo fwd off" I got an SMS from mobivity.com asking me to configure my keyword.

Does VOIPo somehow use Mobivity as an SMS gateway?

Edit: I looked up Mobivity, and its short code is 95495, which is the code for this feature. I guess VOIPo uses Mobivity's API. So it looks like this is a problem at VOIPo's end.
    Last edited by caseydoug; 07-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.

OK, last comment: by a combination of fat fingers and the iPhone's auto-complete, I was sending the wrong keyword (hence the reply from Mobivity) and/or the wrong command (fed instead of fwd).

However, I have confirmed that the "fwd voicemail" does not work, whereas other commands do work, even "fwd off." And as I said earlier, the command "fwd voicemail" does work when sent from a different cell phone. Go figure.

You might think you are talking to yourself,
    but there is an audience, and experiences are good to share

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Could you add a "set the MWI light" feature to the web and/or SMS API?

I'd like to be able to remotely set my Message Waiting Indicator light.

Thanks! Ben