Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Device Firmware Rolled Out

Default Re: New Device Firmware Rolled Out

I have noticed calls complete faster. Used to have a delay of up to 5 seconds. My audio issues are gone and I am very happy with the service.

Should this update have been rolled out automatically to all VOIPo customers?

My 502 still indicates it's using 1.0.1.8 firmware. It's connected directly to the modem and with all default settings as received from VOIPo.

I'm assuming I could manually reboot my ATA but it seemed like the process should be automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by carlquist View Post
    Should this update have been rolled out automatically to all VOIPo customers?

My 502 still indicates it's using 1.0.1.8 firmware. It's connected directly to the modem and with all default settings as received from VOIPo.

I'm assuming I could manually reboot my ATA but it seemed like the process should be automatic?
    Why not try to reboot and see what happens.

Typically, it would reboot itself after the push, but computers are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    For those of you who upgraded, do any of you notice an improvement in call quality?
    I got the upgrade but my call quality was already excellent which was one of the main reasons I signed up with Voipo to begin with. I did not notice any difference but it is hard to improve on excellence. Wish my response was more constructive, but call quality was already an A+ for me.

RA

Looks like I stumbled onto the update while doing my 'in front of/behind router tests' on Wednesday - checked vPanel and already at .21 - here I was thinking that I'd need to manually reboot.

As others have said, call quality was already superb - hard to improve on that from my perspective.