Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Then maybe I should try the simulring test that I was asking about recently: I would do the same thing, except set my cell phone for no-answer transfer back to my VOIPo line, so that the call will go to VOIPo voicemail instead of my cell phone voicemail.

In your third test, it looks like VOIPo recognizes the cell phone number as a simulring number, and therefore does not simulring to it. In my case, the CID would probably show the original calling number rather than the cell phone number, even though the cell phone is forwarding the call. In that case, VOIPo will probably NOT recognize the number as a simulring number, and will therefore ring the cell phone, which will forward it back to VOIPo, which will ring the cell phone, etc.

I don't know how difficult it is to get VOIPo to recognize that the forwarding phone is a simulring number, but it would be a very convenient feature for me. I prefer having all of my voicemail in one place.

If Voipo did the 'confirm calls' feature, then all of your voicemail would end up in your Voipo voicemail box. If your cell phone's voicemail picked up the call, it would not be able to "press 1" so it would never receive the call. Once the voipo line recorded 4 or 5 rings (whichever your vmail is set for), voipo VM would take the call. This behavior is exactly how the (soon-to-be-defunct) CallVantage "Locate Me" feature works, and I'd like to retain this capability.

I don't like the "confirm calls" feature, although I have no problem with having it as an option. Lingo was able to route calls to Lingo voicemail even when simulring went to the cell phone and the cell phone forwarded back to Lingo. I don't know how they did it, but it worked. Lingo did have the disadvantage, however, that calls would go straight to Lingo voicemail when the cell phone was turned off (so I kept it on).

Admittedly, as much as I whine for the feature, I completely understand that many people do NOT want to have to press 1 to take a call. I also have to admit that I am using my line with Asterisk and will continue to do so. As such, I should be able to program in simulring (with additional outbound trunks if necessary) to work exactly the way I want it to.

So...... Any news on the front about this? By that I mean how about multiple numbers for Simul Ring?

Anyone? Bueller... Bueller?

Talking Re: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    Anyone? Bueller... Bueller?

A day off is what VOIPo staff could use I bet!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Check vPanel Beta

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Admittedly, as much as I whine for the feature, I completely understand that many people do NOT want to have to press 1 to take a call. I also have to admit that I am using my line with Asterisk and will continue to do so. As such, I should be able to program in simulring (with additional outbound trunks if necessary) to work exactly the way I want it to.
    The biggest challenge with doing a "Press 1" scenario is that we'd basically have to handle the audio for all those calls so it was stateful and we could detect the 1.

With our system we don't handle audio 90% of the time and just hand off calls.

Handling audio would be a big increase in load and the quality would be different (could be better or worse) on incoming calls when compared to normal non-simring calls.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    So...... Any news on the front about this? By that I mean how about multiple numbers for Simul Ring?
    We've increased it to 2 destinations now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook