Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The biggest challenge with doing a "Press 1" scenario is that we'd basically have to handle the audio for all those calls so it was stateful and we could detect the 1.

With our system we don't handle audio 90% of the time and just hand off calls.

Handling audio would be a big increase in load and the quality would be different (could be better or worse) on incoming calls when compared to normal non-simring calls.
    That's a great point--I obviously hadn't considered that. Is it possible to do a REINVITE after the user presses 1 (to offload the audio once the call is accepted)?

It's pretty easy for me to say something like 'I do this all the time on my Asterisk system...' (which is true). But I do recognize that my Asterisk system handles essentially one production-level 'phone line' (plus my hobby stuff) for one family--quite a difference from a real-world provider situation!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We've increased it to 2 destinations now.
    I had two destinations in mine and it worked fine last night. All morning however the ATA could not receive a call and was having problems reconnecting. Removing the second simul ring number per support fixed it. Odd huh?

I would like a trace put on my line and to set it to two numbers again so you you all can see what its problem is. Let me know.Ticket ID: LMM-542819

I have that problem too. My set up consists of the following:

Main Voipo line and 2 cell phones as simul ring numbers.
    When I call the number, it will ring on all lines, but it can only be answered on the cell phones. When I answer from the regular phone that is hooked into the Voipo box, all I get is dead air on both ends. Let me know what your ticket turns up. I am curious and think I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    I have that problem too. My set up consists of the following:

Main Voipo line and 2 cell phones as simul ring numbers.
    When I call the number, it will ring on all lines, but it can only be answered on the cell phones. When I answer from the regular phone that is hooked into the Voipo box, all I get is dead air on both ends. Let me know what your ticket turns up. I am curious and think I have the same problem.
    Support sent me a message saying they are aware of this exact problem. Until they fix it you need to keep simul ring to 1 number. Nothing is wrong with this beta ATA I am using it was just the two numbers in simul ring.