Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Lightbulb Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

I wanted to report my findings on the Simultaneous Ring feature. I looked around but didn't seem to find the thread. Maybe it got moved to the Alpha forum? Don't have access so I don't know, plus if it is anywhere else... I just had cataract surgery yesterday so I could just be "blind". Anyhow...

When having multiple numbers to Simultaneous Ring into, it only rings on the phone connected to the ATA, and to one other. I put in my cell number, and my wife's and it would only ring on hers until I deactivated hers, then it would ring on mine. Its one or the other, but it won't do both together.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Feature (Alpha)

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    I wanted to report my findings on the Simultaneous Ring feature. I looked around but didn't seem to find the thread. Maybe it got moved to the Alpha forum? Don't have access so I don't know, plus if it is anywhere else... I just had cataract surgery yesterday so I could just be "blind". Anyhow...

When having multiple numbers to Simultaneous Ring into, it only rings on the phone connected to the ATA, and to one other. I put in my cell number, and my wife's and it would only ring on hers until I deactivated hers, then it would ring on mine. Its one or the other, but it won't do both together.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes I experienced the same. It rang my voipo line and my cell but when I added in my POTS line, it only rang the voipo line and the cell.

Could you guys go ahead and give it another round of tests, it should be sorted now. Looks like the last round of bug fixes, caused some problems with this feature. Thanks!

Also, guys as an update for simul ring, we are running into some slight issues, since the last upgrade so if you could hold on those tests until otherwise updated, I'll let you guys know shortly!

Thanks!

I understand that you're still dealing with some issues, but just as a heads up, I started from scratch and added a number, I then went to add another number and it wouldn't let me and I got this message: "You are only allowed to have three simultaneous destinations"

But I only had 1 in there and tried to add one more...

I understand that you're still dealing with some issues, but just as a heads up, I started from scratch and added a number, I then went to add another number and it wouldn't let me and I got this message: "You are only allowed to have three simultaneous destinations"

But I only had 1 in there and tried to add one more...

Sorry for the incorrect information when trying to create a new phone number, that is actually part of the issue that is being created, when simultaneous ring destinations are > 1 location besides ATA Device, so earlier we went ahead and updated it so you can only add one location to call, however apparently forgot to update the response when you do, add more than one.

We will have an update on this today, so stay tuned!

Thanks!

Brandon,
    I think this issue was there even before the latest upgrade. Pls. see the last posting this following thread. http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1021&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Sorry for the incorrect information when trying to create a new phone number, that is actually part of the issue that is being created, when simultaneous ring destinations are > 1 location besides ATA Device, so earlier we went ahead and updated it so you can only add one location to call, however apparently forgot to update the response when you do, add more than one.

We will have an update on this today, so stay tuned!

Thanks!
    Brandon,

Will this always be in effect, or will we eventually be able to have multiple numbers for the simultaneous ring feature?

Brandon,

Will this always be in effect, or will we eventually be able to have multiple numbers for the simultaneous ring feature?
    I'm interested in this too.

It will eventually, yeah. The plan is to allow 3.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook