Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Devices Losing Registration

Default Re: Resolved - Devices Losing Registration

Wow!! great work... I just noticed the problem today. My mother wanted to call my sister in florida. Well! no go... after i made a reboot, the ATA kicked in.... shes on the phone as we speak

Default Re: Resolved - Devices Losing Registration

This issue unfortunately came back...although now with significantly fewer people being affected. Right now we have about a dozen tickets about it compared to hundreds last time.

We have some people testing a workaround to stabilize things as we work with Grandstream on this. If you'd like to help with that, here is info: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?p=8960#post8960

We appreciate everyone's patience. I'm confident this will be resolved shortly and service levels can get back to normal.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Devices Losing Registration

Oh great. This was fixed for me last night on reboot, now it is down again - no registration means failover. And that means I cannot get in touch with my wife, just home from the hospital, and because she does not have her cell phone on I cannot call and check on her. Nice.

I don't know if this helps you all or not, but when my device is registering, it is doing so with the IP address of my router instead of the IP address I have assigned to it. It used to register with the assigned IP, but not anymore.

At this point, we have it isolated and are continuing to work with Grandstream on it.

Once we confirm with all our BETA testers that a fix applied last night for them resolved it for those of them with issues without causing any other issues, we'll roll it out for everyone (today).

One that's done and all the facts are on the table, I'll update everyone fully.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 02-04-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by digger16309 View Post
    Oh great. This was fixed for me last night on reboot, now it is down again - no registration means failover. And that means I cannot get in touch with my wife, just home from the hospital, and because she does not have her cell phone on I cannot call and check on her. Nice.

I don't know if this helps you all or not, but when my device is registering, it is doing so with the IP address of my router instead of the IP address I have assigned to it. It used to register with the assigned IP, but not anymore.
    You will have to check and make sure you settings didn't get knocked out. Personally I leave mine set to DHCP but I removed the Linksys firmware from my WRT54GS V6 and installed DD-WRT. Using it I can specify this mac address = this ip so it always comes up correct. Perhaps your current firmware on your router has a feature like this or maybe you can replace it (the firmware)with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    You will have to check and make sure you settings didn't get knocked out. Personally I leave mine set to DHCP but I removed the Linksys firmware from my WRT54GS V6 and installed DD-WRT. Using it I can specify this mac address = this ip so it always comes up correct. Perhaps your current firmware on your router has a feature like this or maybe you can replace it (the firmware)with something better.
    DHCP on my router was causing issues conflict issues because the router was assigning the same IP address to multiple devices. So I manually configured all devices instead.

We've implemented a fix and have contacted all customers who reported an issue about it.

If you've seen this issue, reboot your adapter one more time and then it will very likely clear up.

So far, this has had a 100% success rate, but we'd like to see more customers that were experiencing it confirming that it fixes things for them.

If after a reboot, you continue to see this issue, please contact us.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Everyone but me. I have been monitoring this and the DSLreport forums and am aware that something was done, but I was never actually notified.

Since I have temporarily disabled provisioning, can you tell me if it's just a change to the ATA config or a something that actually requires me to reboot and receive an update.

Thank you.

Ken
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Everyone but me. I have been monitoring this and the DSLreport forums and am aware that something was done, but I was never actually notified.

Since I have temporarily disabled provisioning, can you tell me if it's just a change to the ATA config or a something that actually requires me to reboot and receive an update.

Thank you.

Ken
    It's a change to the ATA config.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com