Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now Shipping PAP2T Devices Temporarily

Default Re: Now Shipping PAP2T Devices Temporarily

The shipment of PAP2Ts must have ended as I just received what looks like a used or well tested Grandstream HT502. I was looking forward to a PAP2T to keep everything Linksys. Oh well

We're currently shipping both rotating inventory since we're getting Grandstreams in now consistently as well.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by bill875 View Post
    The shipment of PAP2Ts must have ended as I just received what looks like a used or well tested Grandstream HT502. I was looking forward to a PAP2T to keep everything Linksys. Oh well
    Hey don't knock it. The GS is a sweet little device and has great sound quality.

Thanks for the replies guys. In comparison to the D-Link from AT&T CallVantage, I will say that the HT502 does indeed sound very good. Also, I haven't had to forward any ports whatsoever and it is just getting handed any old IP via DHCP from my WRT150N (running DD-WRT). I didn't think it would literally be Plug-n-play. I'm loving it so far.

It does have great sound quality for sure. I am moving from ATTCV and do notice a difference. However, I am still less than pleased overall after several weeks. I am in the middle of a port for one number, and if things straighten out I will port a second line and pre pay for a year assuming I can get a deal. I am also contemplating extending both lines for 2 years if I get the second. I am thinking of moving the 502 behind my D link router. I have been running it up front. Any thoughts on that?
    I do not like the vpanel and the features that do not work consistently, but I do like that Tim seems to have the best service team out there and I am sure it will straighten out over time.

My GS went unregistered today as well after being rock solid for several weeks. Oh well, rebooted and back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Dan View Post
    Just submitted a ticket this afternoon... POS Grandstream adapter was unregistered (again), and calls were rolling to the failover number. Requested a Linksys PAP2T unit be sent out ASAP.

Dan
    I doubt there was anything wrong with your ATA. Same goes for voipinit. The 502 has better audio quality from what I have read. I received this email tonight.

Earlier today, we discovered and corrected a significant DNS error which could have been causing delays in the connection time for your devices. We believe that this is potentially the root cause of some Grandstream devices losing their connection to our network periodically.

After this is fully confirmed to be the root cause, we will post more specific information at forums.voipo.com for those of you that are interested.

If you have a Grandstream adapter, please reboot it at this time so it can re-establish a connection to our network. To do this, simply unplug the power cord from it for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this rather persistent issue.

If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-The VOIPo Team
    They found the problem and fixed it on their end. My 502 is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I doubt there was anything wrong with your ATA. Same goes for voipinit. The 502 has better audio quality from what I have read. I received this email tonight.

They found the problem and fixed it on their end. My 502 is working fine.

Hopefully fixed. Not 100%, but it seems highly likely at this point.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook