Thread: How do you block SMS messages from specific numbers

Default How do you block SMS messages from specific numbers

In the last week I received 2 SMSs that were SPAM. These are the first two ever received. Can incoming SMS messages from specific numbers be blocked?

Default Re: How do you block SMS messages from specific numbers

Quote Originally Posted by budmaster View Post
    In the last week I received 2 SMSs that were SPAM. These are the first two ever received. Can incoming SMS messages from specific numbers be blocked?

If you are expecting to be able to receive text messages to be receiving them then the fact that the spammers will always be one step ahead getting their first batch of messages out will always prevail. There is always that chance.

If you do not want to receive SMS messages at all then you should be able to disable that function.

Since you would have to set the forwarding up in the first place Im going to assume that you want the ability. I myself forward them to email and then set my own filters on my own email server. But we also live by the rule that if we have our numbers published we have to understand that we will battle spam often. I do not believe that any voip service has a block service. I could be wrong. Not something Ive looked into.

Published can be any form. Web page.. Yellow page.. that "win free crap" card you fill out at the local fast food joint.. that cute girl with the clip board at the mall wanting to ask your opinion.. The hotel you stayed at.. ect. If you do that then stop it. Use a throw away number for those.
    Last edited by chpalmer; 12-27-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    I Void Warranties.

Default Re: How do you block SMS messages from specific numbers

Are they coming from sms.voipwelcome.com ? I no longer have Voipo service yet I'm still receiving SMS spam messages to my old Voipo phone number which is no longer active.