Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Default Re: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Contacts has only groups "Family" and "Friends", right?
    Need "Work" or "Job" or some such, maybe several categories, as does the contacts for my cell and office PBX.

Yes, import contacts from outloook and/or Google.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Thanks. Duuu, I overlooked "Create Group" - teeny in the UI

Quote Originally Posted by russhw View Post
    import of contacts would be nice.
    +1
    Yes that would be great

Also I noticed the tag on the "Create Group" screen is "Create Group" not "Create Contact" which would take you back a level.
    Last edited by spolkyc; 04-22-2010 at 11:43 PM.

As a new user, having a help function or "mouse over" descriptions of functions would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPOinTN View Post
    As a new user, having a help function or "mouse over" descriptions of functions would be helpful.
    Amen.

As a new user, I too found the features and functions difficult to setup due to a lack of information. For example, I found the Simul Ring very difficult to implement because there was no explanation of what the different settings actually did (or should I say how they're implemented). I spent over an hour using trial and error on the settings to figure out how they work. I'm still not sure I've got the "best" setup, but it was good enough to quit messing with it.

I also found the User Interface difficult to navigate because once again the features and functions are not clear. There are still a number of options and settings that I don't know what they do or what they're for.

How about an instruction manual explaining the features/functions AND providing some examples/scenarios implementing them?

As for the User Interface, at the very least you need to implement some tool-tips (mouse over information pop-up) and a help system.

I don't recommend keeping the current navigation setup with the two-tier horizontal navigation. The tabs are fine, but if you're going to keep the second tier horizontal sub menu (navy blue bar), then at the very least have a graphcis person do some work to distinguish the navigation items. The blue bar looks more like a graphic visual break than an active navigation element.

Of course, that's just my opinion...

Seriously though, a set of instructions would've saved me considerable time setting up my account. Hopefully, that's in the works!

I am a new user too and I would like to see an instruction manual. In another post somewhere on this forum, the VOIPO people have said that they are nearing completion on a user guide/manual.

+1 on request for Import of Contacts (by vCard, CSV, etc). This would be a real time-saver.

Just a thought...

Perhaps you could make it an option at some point to allow users to opt-in to see the beta (by going to secure.voipo.com/beta or something)... obviously when the beta is able to be productive.

The user wouldn't have to switch between interfaces either; it could just be a separate section to visit. I think this would be great if possible because then further feedback could be gathered.

Thanks!
    Last edited by adrienqa66; 09-24-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by adrienqa66 View Post
    Just a thought...

Perhaps you could make it an option at some point to allow users to opt-in to see the beta (by going to secure.voipo.com/beta or something)... obviously when the beta is able to be productive.

The user wouldn't have to switch between interfaces either; it could just be a separate section to visit. I think this would be great if possible because then further feedback could be gathered.

Thanks!
    The new version is already running on a special URL which any user could login to if they have it. We just haven't posted it yet as we're still wrapping up some cosmetic things in it.

What we're going to do is run both for a while, so the old faithful one will still be available, but users can opt to use the new one by logging in at another URL. That way if something isn't working in the new one, there's always the old one to fall back on.

Then once it's been out a few months and any issues addressed, we'll drop the old one.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook