Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Lightbulb Re: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Perhaps add a link to both versions from within the vPanel?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Default Re: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

I'm very much looking forward to having a link to the new vPanel so I can try it out! Do you have any idea when a link might be provided to users so that we can try out the new design, even if it's in beta?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The new version is already running on a special URL which any user could login to if they have it. We just haven't posted it yet as we're still wrapping up some cosmetic things in it.

What we're going to do is run both for a while, so the old faithful one will still be available, but users can opt to use the new one by logging in at another URL. That way if something isn't working in the new one, there's always the old one to fall back on.

Then once it's been out a few months and any issues addressed, we'll drop the old one.
    And that link would be?

Any new information regarding the new vPanel?

*crickets* Anything yet?

Ok. Five more months. Anything?
    Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The new version is already running on a special URL which any user could login to if they have it. We just haven't posted it yet as we're still wrapping up some cosmetic things in it.

What we're going to do is run both for a while, so the old faithful one will still be available, but users can opt to use the new one by logging in at another URL. That way if something isn't working in the new one, there's always the old one to fall back on.

Then once it's been out a few months and any issues addressed, we'll drop the old one.
    Are there that many issues that need to be addressed?

-Craig
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

Tim, are you still with us?

One thing I find confusing about the vPanel pages is that I don't have access to help/support from there. I can configure features but can't learn how to use them. If I want to know that, I have to go back out to the main sales page, then to the "Support" tab to get to the list of star codes and such. What's worse, there IS a "Support" tab within vPanel, but instead of giving me support options, it shows me past support TICKETS. A tab with the exact same name does something completely different in the sales page!

Generally I expect to see sales/promotional material on a main page. Once I sign in, I want to see everything relevant to me as an existing customer: Settings, features, help and support.

So my suggestion is to add support info to the support tab.