Thread: Grandstream port number

Default Grandstream port number

Being a little uncomfortable with a device sitting on port 80, exposed to the big-bad world, I tried to change the web port number of the ATA to 8888, and rebooted.

I get the logon page at port 8888, but then it hangs. So I tried regular port 80 and got in, and the setting says it is port 80 again.

Has anyone successfully changed their ATA's web port number?

Default Re: Grandstream port number

Quote Originally Posted by abward View Post
    Being a little uncomfortable with a device sitting on port 80, exposed to the big-bad world, I tried to change the web port number of the ATA to 8888, and rebooted.

I get the logon page at port 8888, but then it hangs. So I tried regular port 80 and got in, and the setting says it is port 80 again.

Has anyone successfully changed their ATA's web port number?
    the reason that your change did not stick was that your ATA being provisioned by VOIPo. just submit a ticket for the change
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Default Re: Grandstream port number

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    the reason that your change did not stick was that your ATA being provisioned by VOIPo. just submit a ticket for the change
    Yup - that's right - your settings over being overwritten with ours.
    Please submit a ticket as suggested - we'll happily apply the port change for you.