Thread: PAP2T - Uniden phone not ringing???

Default PAP2T - Uniden phone not ringing???

I received a PAP2T today to replace a gt502.

For some reason, my Uniden CLX485 phone will not ring when attached to this ATA. Is there something stupid that I'm missing here? Yes, the ringer is on, and it worked with the gt502. Thanks for any insight.

edit: I did some searching on the 'net after posting, and found this:

"Linksys ATAs come from the factory set to ring the widest variety of phones. Unfortunately, this is not the true US standard, so phones that strictly comply with that standard will not ring. In the middle of the Regional page, look for the "Ring and Call Waiting Tone Spec" group of parameters. To match the US standard, Ring Waveform should be Sinusoid (although Trapezoid may work better for you), Ring Frequency should be 20 (this is the most important, as 25 is the European standard), and Ring Voltage should be 90 (although something less, like 70, should work)."

These settings appear to be admin level, which I don't have access to at the moment...so I guess I'm SOL until I can speak with support.
    Last edited by bretski; 02-14-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: found some info

Default Re: PAP2T - Uniden phone not ringing???

Try admin1 for the password, thats what it is for the HT502.

Default Re: PAP2T - Uniden phone not ringing???

I got a solution for this, so wanted to post it for the archives...

Many of the PAP2T's being sent out came from a European source, and have European call settings loaded. To get a Uniden (and possibly other phones) to ring, here are the settings needed:

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (Trapezoid will work, but it has a "stuttery" sound)
    Ring Frequency: 20
    Ring Voltage: 85
    CWT Frequency: 440@-10
    Synchronized Ring: yes

The critical value here seems to be the Ring Frequency. European phones use 25, US phones use 20.

Support now has this issue in their knowledge-base, so they should be pushing it out for future Linksys ATAs.

Thumbs up Re: PAP2T - Uniden phone not ringing???

Hey, wow, now my phone rings properly on the first ring. These were VTech, though. Thanks!