Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database Issue - ~2PM Central

Default Database Issue - ~2PM Central

We just had a short database issue about an hour ago which was corrected quickly.

It could have potentially caused some devices to lose registration (load related). Registrations seem to have dropped about 5% during that window, so it's not many at all but I'm sure some of you could have been in that.

Your device should re-register automatically, but if it did not, go ahead and reboot it.

This database would not have affected anything else besides registrations.

We're still waiting for answers from Grandstream as to why these devices aren't re-registering. Of the 5% that seem to have dropped it's nearly all Grandstreams. The PAP2s seem to have all re-registered immediately.

We've stopped sending out HT502s entirely except in special cases where they user needs the router functionality just for this reason.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 02-19-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Database Issue - ~2PM Central

Just to clarify, this was not a database failure. It was a network issue within the datacenter that houses the core database servers for SIP registrations that prevented our SIP servers from accessing it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Like I said in another thread, GS ATA is not sending any data to the SIP server. I saw no traffic for about 5-10 minutes before I rebooted.

After I rebooted, I see the following packets 3 times every 30 seconds. Is this okay.

16:29:53.443496 10.10.x.x 74.52.58.50 SIP Request: SUBSCRIBE sip:4192229649@sip.voipwelcome.com
    16:29:53.534130 74.52.58.50 10.10.x.x SIP Status: 100 Trying
    16:29:53.543766 74.52.58.50 10.10.x.x SIP Status: 489 Bad Event

I also see REGISTER packets that are successful.

VOIPoLukeBotha Guest

Hi sr98user,

You're seeing that 489 Error because we aren't sending a Subscription packet back to you. The reason we have enabled subscription packets is to assure there's a steady connection to the server and your device at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    Like I said in another thread, GS ATA is not sending any data to the SIP server. I saw no traffic for about 5-10 minutes before I rebooted.

After I rebooted, I see the following packets 3 times every 30 seconds. Is this okay.

16:29:53.443496 10.10.x.x 74.52.58.50 SIP Request: SUBSCRIBE sip:4192229649@sip.voipwelcome.com
    16:29:53.534130 74.52.58.50 10.10.x.x SIP Status: 100 Trying
    16:29:53.543766 74.52.58.50 10.10.x.x SIP Status: 489 Bad Event

I also see REGISTER packets that are successful.
    Yes. The Grandstreams log a "Segmentation Fault" or "Internal Server Error" when they do this which should definitely not be happening.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yes. The Grandstreams log a "Segmentation Fault" or "Internal Server Error" when they do this which should definitely not be happening.
    I just read this thread now, checked and my 502 was not registered. I re-booted and now it is. Guess I was finally part of the failure chain......

So which server should we be registering to? I only ask, because I had been registered with sip.voipwelcome.com until a few days ago, when Tim asked me why I wasn't registered... Since then, I've been registered on central01 without a hitch. Going under the assumption that provisioned users are still being pointed at sip.voipwelcome.com, I occasionally point my trunk back to that server, and it does not register. Since everything works fine on central01, I have no problem leaving things as is... Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    So which server should we be registering to? I only ask, because I had been registered with sip.voipwelcome.com until a few days ago, when Tim asked me why I wasn't registered... Since then, I've been registered on central01 without a hitch. Going under the assumption that provisioned users are still being pointed at sip.voipwelcome.com, I occasionally point my trunk back to that server, and it does not register. Since everything works fine on central01, I have no problem leaving things as is... Just wondering.
    Central01 is already in the new datacenter. You should be fine with either.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Just checked and I am registered to sip.voipowelcome.com.

Interesting observation you made. This is the first time my adapter failed to register.

Oh well, tomorrow is my Birthday so everyone send cash, not gift cards because they are becoming useless.

Same here.. Re-booted and working again in the NYC area.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    I just read this thread now, checked and my 502 was not registered. I re-booted and now it is. Guess I was finally part of the failure chain......