Thread: Receive E-Mail?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Receive E-Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Tim if this fixes the issue are you going try setting them back so they do not hammer your servers every minute? All those adapters connecting every minute sounds like a big DDOS attack bandwidth wise.
    No immediately changes with it. Right now the bandwidth/load from it isn't really anything we're worried about.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No immediately changes with it. Right now the bandwidth/load from it isn't really anything we're worried about.
    I guess my question, from a customer standpoint, is would I be more at-risk this way? As you said, the GS has issues when there is any network latency for registration - if the interval was set to 30 minutes (or something longer than 1 minute), would the connection be less prone to network lag, since it wouldn't be attempting to register as often? Or will this all be a non-issue if DNS was the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I guess my question, from a customer standpoint, is would I be more at-risk this way? As you said, the GS has issues when there is any network latency for registration - if the interval was set to 30 minutes (or something longer than 1 minute), would the connection be less prone to network lag, since it wouldn't be attempting to register as often? Or will this all be a non-issue if DNS was the culprit?
    Kind of why I asked. Maybe I am misunderstanding but it sounded to me like Tim thinks they finally figured out what was causing the GS units to act up. If thats the case 1 minute should not be needed.

You can always test it on my line I do not mind being a test subject if I know its coming

Also got the note. Glad to hear/read that you found a 'significant issue' and hope that it's the root cause.