Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Receive E-Mail?

Default Re: Receive E-Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I guess my question, from a customer standpoint, is would I be more at-risk this way? As you said, the GS has issues when there is any network latency for registration - if the interval was set to 30 minutes (or something longer than 1 minute), would the connection be less prone to network lag, since it wouldn't be attempting to register as often? Or will this all be a non-issue if DNS was the culprit?
    Kind of why I asked. Maybe I am misunderstanding but it sounded to me like Tim thinks they finally figured out what was causing the GS units to act up. If thats the case 1 minute should not be needed.

You can always test it on my line I do not mind being a test subject if I know its coming

Also got the note. Glad to hear/read that you found a 'significant issue' and hope that it's the root cause.

Got it, thanks Tim.

I did get the email yesterday as well. Thanks.

Got it. Thanks
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Tim, yes, I did receive this email at which time I rebooted my GrandStream. So far so good and the device is still registered as of this writing.

I got that email and one a couple of days ago telling my ATA was not registered. Both times I checked and it appeared to be registered. Re-booted anyway.

There was one time yesterday that I was not registered. Waited a couple of minutes and when it did not self correct, re-booted and everything appeared fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Tim,

Just a thought. The IVR command ***999 reboots the ATA. For some folks it may be easier than unplugging it.

Thanks again,
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Tim,

Just a thought. The IVR command ***999 reboots the ATA. For some folks it may be easier than unplugging it.

Thanks again,
    One other point--this code only works for the Grandstream ATA. I don't know if the reboot command on the PAP2 is disabled by provisioning (or password protected--not sure why it would be), but if it's not restricted, the reboot sequence on the PAP2 is to dial **** (to access the IVR menu) and then type in "Reboot" (732668#). That works well if you don't want to mess with wires.

Just tried that on my PAP2T and it rebooted!

Would this also work if I was dialing in remotely to home? If not, how would I reboot a PAP2T remotely?