Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: <!doctype Html

Default Re: <!doctype Html

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    The very reason I suggested *asking* about it.

One of the very first things the support team did (when I received a PAP2T) was upgrade me from 3.1.15 to 5.1.6. Their recommendation.
    I could do this myself, but I'm still gun shy from having the original HT286 upgraded and then downgraded and then upgrading and downgrading on the HT502.
    On my own SPA2102, I always upgraded it myself whenever new firmware appeared.

The PAP2T up was never suggested to me and I'm always reluctant to fool with a product that's not mine. Tweaking is one thing, but firmware is another.
    Thanks for mentioning this. I will ask, although I can't imagine a box running any more reliably than this one....for me.

abward,
    After the reboot, is incoming working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I could do this myself, but I'm still gun shy from having the original HT286 upgraded and then downgraded and then upgrading and downgrading on the HT502.
    On my own SPA2102, I always upgraded it myself whenever new firmware appeared.
    Totally understandable. I went through several up/downs on my HT502 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    The PAP2T up was never suggested to me and I'm always reluctant to fool with a product that's not mine. Tweaking is one thing, but firmware is another.
    Thanks for mentioning this. I will ask, although I can't imagine a box running any more reliably than this one....for me.
    No prob. After years in the tech industry, I'm with you on firmware upgrades. I'm a pretty firm believer in "if it ain't broke..."

OT, and FWIW: aside from my ongoing problem with CWCID, I am *very* pleased with the PAP2T.

I just switched back to the HT286 because of HT502 issues inside my router.
    I called support and got right through to James (i think) and he got me running again.
    After a quick tweak of some settings to make them current and changing the port to 5080 so it stays well away from PP, everything is running smooth again.

The HT502 has its place on a simple network, but not in an "IT" type environment that most of us are running !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    abward,
    After the reboot, is incoming working for you?
    Yep, the phone rang just as I was reading your post. And, hold on to your hat, I was actually able to answer it.

So, I am rehersing:

Wife: Honey, what did you do today?
    Me: Not much...
    Last edited by abward; 02-27-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Abward--

To confirm, CallVantage uses the ports you posted for all of their devices, except the D-link DVG-1120M. If you have anything other than a huge gray brick for your CallVantage ATA (the 1120M--the model# is also on the upper right corner of the front panel), you're probably having a port conflict.

It sounds like Tim has switched your ports for you, so you should not have this issue any longer. FWIW, the 1120M is the ATA that I have from ATTCV, which is probably why I haven't had similar conflict issues between Voipo and ATTCV.

My CallVantage box is the Centillium MTA-1. So, sounds good.

Morals of the whole story:
    1. If you have another ATA, make sure you tell VOIPo so they can port around it.
    2. Make sure you check your router settings for ALG and SPI.

Maybe these should go into the FAQs.
    Last edited by abward; 02-27-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Just got a call and the called id name was <null>, with an Unknown Number for the number.

That's normal for some anonymous calls, and often from PBX systems. It see it quite a bit.
    Last edited by bretski; 03-02-2009 at 06:04 PM.

FYI,

I now have reason to believe that the port 5060 conflict may have been coming from a soft phone on my company PC. It uses Lotus Sametime Connect, and I just noticed that it talks on port 5060. It still could have been the CallVantage adapter, for all I know.