Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancellation policy

Default Cancellation policy

I am within my first 30 days, and I have ported my number over to VOIPo.

If I cancel, I don't think I could port it over to another provider fast enough within the 30 days. What is the policy on keeping the number alive, if I cancel?

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Default Re: Cancellation policy

Quote Originally Posted by abward View Post
    I am within my first 30 days, and I have ported my number over to VOIPo.

If I cancel, I don't think I could port it over to another provider fast enough within the 30 days. What is the policy on keeping the number alive, if I cancel?
    Not happy with the service or giving up on voip totally?

Always test a company before you port.

Tim may be nice enough to move the number to an Express account till you port it out, but that's totally up to him.

If they are like every other VOIP provider - you will lose the number the if the account is canceled before the number ports. That's why they tell you to not close the account until the new provider confirms the number has ported. I didn't port to Voipo until I was reasonably satisfied that the service would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    His issue: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1204

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    If they are like every other VOIP provider - you will lose the number the if the account is canceled before the number ports. That's why they tell you to not close the account until the new provider confirms the number has ported. I didn't port to Voipo until I was reasonably satisfied that the service would work for me.
    Well I also see that the OP filed a ticket now so it is up to Voipo to fix his "unable to answer calls" issue because that is a big problem.

He said he is able to answer line 2, but not line 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    He said he is able to answer line 2, but not line 1.
    Sounds like a TA mis-configuration possibly. Ok gotta run to a meeting here on the "almost rainy" east coast. 50 degrees out though so that is pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Not happy with the service. My stupid Vonage adapter did not sound as good, and had echos, BUT it always rang, and we could always answer it.

I have missed two important calls this week...the first one during the Radius server thing, and the second this morning when I could not answer. I have had the service for a few weeks now, and have had maybe only 4 or 5 trouble free days with it.

So far, they have done nothing with my tickets. And, I sent Tim a PM about something else days ago, on both here and dslreports (I even posted in a thread that I sent him a PM), and no response so far.

Now what was all this about the great support with VOIPo

Quote Originally Posted by abward View Post
    Not happy with the service. ...

So far, they have done nothing with my tickets. And, I sent Tim a PM about something else days ago, on both here and dslreports (I even posted in a thread that I sent him a PM), and no response so far.

Now what was all this about the great support with VOIPo
    Sorry to hear you're having such troubles. Tim's usually on the spot with replies, and as mentioned many times here and on DSLR, the system's been mostly trouble-free for the two years of Beta. I believe that everything will settle down soon, but at this point I can understand your decision to bail (especially if the WAF is reaching a critical value)... How long do you have before your 30 days are up?