Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outage - 1AM Central

Default Re: Outage - 1AM Central

No issue here with a GS 502, behind a WRT54g w/Tomato 1.23. Using normal router (via DHCP) supplied DNS from my ISP. Did NOT have to reboot this AM.

-bird

My 502 is in front of my router and after the last two outages I have had to manually re-boot in order to get it re-registered. We're not heavy phone users so were it not for the emails I wouldn't have noticed the problem for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    When it rains, it pours. As much as I hate to say it, we had another outage right now.

The datacenter which we have some of our core equipment in (along with many thousands of HostGator servers) had a network switch that went down for scheduled maintenance tonight. Our DNS servers are both in that zone so some users undoubtedly ran into issues connecting.

Their scheduled maintenance was communicated to HostGator and HostGator communicated it to affected customers, but there was a major major breakdown in communication in that it wasn't communicated to us since we're not really a HostGator customer. We're increasing the communication between the two companies so this never happens again.

Once we realized it was down and found out about this maintenance, we were able to get things back online very quickly.

It looks like nearly all PAP2 users reconnected immediately and nearly all Grandstream HT502 users directly connected to a modem reconnected almost immediately. Unfortunately, in terms of Grandstream users behind a router/NAT, it seems like about 90% of them reconnected at this point and 10% did not. If you are one of those users (a few hundred) you may need to reboot.

We'll be sending out a system-wide e-mail shortly so everyone is aware of the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience has caused and we're confident that these outages will become less frequent.

Time for Host Gator to review network and how one switch can bring down DNS. You would think DNS servers would be multi-homed via NICs or attached to separate subnets/switches. Go after your Network Engineers to resolve that too.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post

.......Again virtual all PAP2 users and Grandstream HT502 users NOT behind a router will automatically re-register and these outages will be self-correcting.

It's the Grandstream HT502s behind a router that still have about 10% not doing it.
    I am also a member of the great "502 unwashed" whose adpater is not registering in a NAT environment.
    I am not home now so I cannot re-boot it but I guess if I am not home, I can't miss the calls that I would not have been home for.....

We are also behind a NAT with the 502 and we lost registration again. This is really getting sickening and if the only way to fix it is to move to a PAP2, count us in because we are sick of restarting the 502 all the time. If new firmware can fix the 502 though, we would gladly hold onto it.

I have missed all of the fun.

My GS-502 hasn't missed a beat, have not had any registration issues that I'm aware of.

I have one of the first GS-502's still using the original firmware it shipped with. My 502 is behind a router, static IP setup for it with port forwarding. Everything has been working beautifully with one exception. It didn't update to a newer firmware which might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    I have missed all of the fun.

My GS-502 hasn't missed a beat, have not had any registration issues that I'm aware of.

I have one of the first GS-502's still using the original firmware it shipped with. My 502 is behind a router, static IP setup for it with port forwarding. Everything has been working beautifully with one exception. It didn't update to a newer firmware which might be a good thing.
    The other big thing too is that you only have 1 line configured, so the HT502 has nothing to get confused with.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

PAP2T behind a router. With the exception of inbound call disconnects around 3:30 this afternoon all seems back in order now.

I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.
    Perhaps said modem has a built in router? Just a thought.