Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Outage - 1AM Central

Default Re: Outage - 1AM Central

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r220...y~start=20#end

LOL trying to spread the word because so many folks are just freaking out. Some are giving up and the fix is either in their mail box or on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    I received mine today. love pap2's. Used it with VP and never had to reboot or do anything with it. It just works

I've the following q's
    1.Do I need to ship the gs back now? Any prepaid labels?
    2. Can I get the PAP2 admin/user password ?

Quote Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
    I received mine today. love pap2's. Used it with VP and never had to reboot or do anything with it. It just works

I've the following q's
    1.Do I need to ship the gs back now? Any prepaid labels?
    2. Can I get the PAP2 admin/user password ?
    Code:
    Your replacement device has indeed been sent out on the 3/5/09.
    Once you received the PaP2T device please can you return the GT502 using the following address listed below:

VOIPo
    11251 Northwest Freeway
    Suite 200
    Houston, TX 77092

Seeing as this is part of a recall, We'll issue a $4.95 credit to your VOIPo account when we receive it.
    This should cover the cost of postage.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks
    2. Keep reading
    Last edited by Xponder1; 03-07-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: cause Tim has spoken

FWIW said here

You'll need to send it back and when we receive it, we'll issue a $4.95 credit for the shipping which is the cost of Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping (same that we use to send them out). It's not necessary to insure them (we've only had 1 case of USPS damage out of thousands).
    I'd be interested in the User/pass
    Nobody should need the Admin/pass
    Last edited by usa2k; 03-07-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

For user access, here is the info:

User: user
    Pass: 123
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I think this is a null issue guys. I recieved my replacement ATA today without even asking for one.

Going to be shipping two 502's back.
    Hey!....you got the one that was intended for me. My mailbox was empty today....

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Hey!....you got the one that was intended for me. My mailbox was empty today....

I am in Oklahoma and they are shipped out of Texas. It is pathetic it takes the post office as long as it did to deliver it. I feel sorry for you already.

My first ATA shipped on a Monday and was delivered on Friday. A whole week! I think they set them aside and wait to deliver them to add value to their faster methods. I can mail a letter to my mother in Dallas and she will have it the next business day. Send it priority mail and wait a week.

Default New outage 3/11/09

As I predicted earlier, there was an outage again this morning. Was it only me, or anyone else had this?
    Here’s what I wrote here on 03-06-2009:
    Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    Because I predict another outage within next 1-2 weeks. We’ll see.

PAP2T users: did you have an outage?

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Rather than taking the thread in a negative direction...
    1. Get your wife a cell phone (prepaid, add-on to family share plan if possible, or primary line). I realize your wife doesn't need one per your post above, but it is something to consider........
    4. Get a bare-bones POTS line so you can call in to your wife if there is a service interruption.

I realize that all of these options require time and/or money on your part and that they wouldn't be necessary if voipo had everything working on the HT502 as it should.
    I really appreciate your calm response and explanations. I agree with the most.
    However, we have to keep in mind that the main purpose of switching from POTS to a VOIP is saving money (while getting even more features). I was paying $46 a month for Verizon POTS and I didn’t even have a caller ID. So, if the new VOIP service requires extra expenses as backups services etc.(a cell phone when you don’t normally need one), that brings benefits of a VOIP line to zero. If a service is so unreliable so that you have to back it up then there’s no need for such service (if it’s not finally fixed of course).
    Last edited by stason99; 03-11-2009 at 06:05 PM.

You apparently have one of the bad Grandstream ATAs (so, it happens), and you refuse to trade it for a PAP2T since you don' t have/want a router. Why are you not telling VOIPo to send you another (working) Grandstream?

Sorry, but what am I missing something here? I don't think the ATA you have now is going to get any better.

Tim, are you shipping out any replacement Grandstreams, for those that need them?

While you’re waiting for a reply from Tim, let me post:

Honestly, I don’t think a replacement 502 will be better the mine. Seems like they all loose registration. I’m waiting now to see if PAP2T you guys are using is the solution to the problem. Time might show that it’s not the solution and another problem with PAP2T might come up. If you, PAP2T users, confirm that it is reliable then I will probably order PAP2T and buy a router, or switch to another provider.