Thread: Outage - 1AM Central

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Outage - 1AM Central

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    I have missed all of the fun.

My GS-502 hasn't missed a beat, have not had any registration issues that I'm aware of.

I have one of the first GS-502's still using the original firmware it shipped with. My 502 is behind a router, static IP setup for it with port forwarding. Everything has been working beautifully with one exception. It didn't update to a newer firmware which might be a good thing.
    The other big thing too is that you only have 1 line configured, so the HT502 has nothing to get confused with.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

PAP2T behind a router. With the exception of inbound call disconnects around 3:30 this afternoon all seems back in order now.

I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.
    Perhaps said modem has a built in router? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Perhaps said modem has a built in router? Just a thought.
    No, it's Westell 6100 on Verizon DSL. No router built in.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Yeah the 6100 is a real old dog of a DSL "modem"

Was just a thought . Not trying to offend you.
    From what I have read from Tim's posts its seems most of the 502's having problems are behind a router but not all.

I am sure if everyone stays patient this issue will be resolved very soon. The email I received this morning really sounds like Tim is just tired of dealing with it and is ready to move on.

The negative comments some others have posted really are not necessary. They know there is a problem, they have been VERY proactive about trying to resolve the problem, they have not tried to lie about it or deny there is a issue, and they have adjusted accounts on their own for time without service (most companies would wait for the customer to ask credit).

Tim has done a great job of communicating the issues to the customers and I know the entire team has tried everything to resolve the problem. Fact is its not a VOIPo problem its a Grandstream problem. If you want to point the finger somewhere point it at Grandstream.

I like many of you have the 502. Just about every issue that has been posted on the forums about the 502 I have experienced. Tim offered to replace my 502 with the Linksys but I held out because I really thought Grandstream would pull their heads out of their butts and help.

The email this morning seems to make it very clear that their days are numbered if they do not produce a fix fast. Maybe they will. I hope they do. They are going to cost themselves (Grandstream) a ton of cash if they don't.

So lets all just calm down and give them another couple weeks to get it straitened out. Fact is replacing all or even 10% of the adapters will be a expensive and time consuming process and its not going to happen over night.

I personally have decided that until the issues are fixed I am just going to make it a habit to reboot the adapter twice a day. Once when I get up and again before bed.

I wonder if heat has something to do with the issues these things are having. They get really freaking hot. My DSL modem had to be replaced because they over heat (motorola 2210's are being recalled but only if you have a problem) and it never got close to as hot as this 502 is even standing on the supplied stand. My room temperature is 73 degrees. This thing is more than 120 degrees right now. It is on the top shelf here with nothing to generate heat above or below it. That is too hot for electronics. If it were warmer in my house the device would be hotter.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 03-05-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Xponder1,
    Do you work for VOIPo? Just curious

Well, not all of these problems are related to Grandstream. The last two outages were caused by their hardware malfunction and a “major breakdown in communication”. So I wish I could point fingers at Grandstream, but other VOIP providers (like PhonePower) use Grandstream with no issues. Therefore, I don’t understand why they are planning to recall Grandstreams and replace them with Linksys’. It won’t fix hardware failures on their servers and miscommunication. I’m not trying to be rude or anything and I hope the Moderator won’t delete this.

Yes, I am giving them a chance to fix all that, and I’m trying to be patient. But unfortunately I can see that there are many causes of unstable service, not just one. And every time something new comes up….

Yes, I can see that they work really hard to fix all that, and I appreciate that. However, I would praise someone for great results but not for great attempts.

>>>>> and they have adjusted accounts on their own for time without service (most companies would wait for the customer to ask credit).

Not true. I am asking for that refund and so far they denied it. You can try to ask for it and see what happens. This is a reason of my frustration here. Service down for a day – no compensation...

What I really agree with you is that VOIPo has done a great job of communicating the issues to the customers. Customer service is responsive; in general their communication is great. But like I said, this is just talks so far. I really hope to see real results. And I hope you share this with me.

I don’t think this has anything to do with overheating of HT502s. After service goes down VOIPo announces the reason why this happened. If it would be overheating then it would be random and not for everyone at the same time.

Xponder1, thanks for response. I hope VOIPo won’t cut this post.
    Last edited by stason99; 03-05-2009 at 06:52 PM.