Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandstream HT502 Update

Default Re: Grandstream HT502 Update

How does the voice quality compare? The Grandstream does very well in that area. If it is comperable, put me on the list for the pap2

Quote Originally Posted by kevm View Post
    How does the voice quality compare? The Grandstream does very well in that area. If it is comperable, put me on the list for the pap2
    Depends on whom you ask..

I had AC-211-Innomedia(yuch)-502-286-SPA-and now PAP2T

I am using 2 PAP2Ts for both of my accounts and I can say without question, that my service rivals POTS in terms of quality.
    My SPA2102 was not too shabby, but I believe the PAP2 is even better..and the word reboot is not even in its vocabulary.

For me, the GS 502 voice quality is better than PAP2T that I had with my previous service provider. But I am not sure if the quality difference was due to the adapter or the provider.

I have used them both. In my opinion, there is not enough difference that would cause me to choose the less stable device.

At this point, I think it's a 'no-brainer'.
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

Tim,

Once again, I want to thank you very much for stepping forward and bringing this to light. This is why a lot of us are here. Problems will arise, but you and your team at Voipo are always honest, and forthcoming about the challenges that are faced. This is was separates Voipo from your competition, and I have no doubt, that one day Voipo will surpass and lead the way.

I can' thank you enough, and await whatever decision you feel is necessary.

Default Linksys SPA2102 with built in router.

Linksys SPA2102 has a built in router. If VOIPo would start replacing 502s with SPA2102 instead of PAP2Tm that would resolve the problem with routers.

Default Re: Linksys SPA2102 with built in router.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    Linksys SPA2102 has a built in router. If VOIPo would start replacing 502s with SPA2102 instead of PAP2Tm that would resolve the problem with routers.
    I'm not sure the SPA2102 is in production any longer..

Quote Originally Posted by kevm View Post
    Having used both, my experience is that they are very comparable in terms of voice quality. Subjectively, I am partial to the PAP2T, but that could be because it stays registered.

...and count me among the folks that also prefers it because of the lack of routing. I wasn't pleased with the HT502's routing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    Having used both, my experience is that they are very comparable in terms of voice quality. Subjectively, I am partial to the PAP2T, but that could be because it stays registered.

...and count me among the folks that also prefers it because of the lack of routing. I wasn't pleased with the HT502's routing performance.
    I personally haven't found the combination boxes to work well for me.

My DSL modem is in bridged mode as was my 502 and SPA2102. Personal preference, I guess. I like my wireless router to be my router.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Personal preference, I guess. I like my wireless router to be my router.
    Amen, brother burris!