Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Grandstream HT502 Update

Default Re: Grandstream HT502 Update

pap2t: user // 123

The PAP2 user/123 combo gives some good information, but unfortunately doesn't allow someone to remotely reboot it.

A long time ago I used to use a power strip that had a web browser built into it, and you could control the power outlets via web. I used to cycle power on modems at a remote location this way. It is kind of an expensive proposition but might be a solution.

I have not tried this, but maybe it would be possible to use Remote Desktop Connection (or VNC) to remotely contact a PC on your LAN, then use a dial string in the modem of that PC to send the ****732668# to restart the PAP2T?

Just wondering... if you guys are preparing to keep rebooting PAP2T, what was the point of switching from 502 to PAP2T? Is PAP2T a solution or a "probable solution" ?

Well, yeah. I have not had to reboot mine because of an error condition, yet. I have rebooted it probably a dozen times because of changes made by support to my PAP2T, and I had to reboot after each change attempt. But, I did that via the pull the plug method each time, since I work from home.

The PAP2T really has been quite stable for me so far.

I haven't had to reboot mine since I have had it, so I don't expect it will need to be rebooted at all. At least I hope so! It is a 'just in case' thing I guess. It was nice to be able to reboot the GS remotely.

I suppose VOIPo can reboot it remotely, should that ever be necessary. I understand Tim said many things can be sent in the SIP messages to the PAP2, so maybe a reboot is one of them? Maybe something like that could be added to VPanel?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I haven't had to reboot mine since I have had it, so I don't expect it will need to be rebooted at all. At least I hope so! It is a 'just in case' thing I guess. It was nice to be able to reboot the GS remotely.

I suppose VOIPo can reboot it remotely, should that ever be necessary. I understand Tim said many things can be sent in the SIP messages to the PAP2, so maybe a reboot is one of them? Maybe something like that could be added to VPanel?

Scott
    I recall Tim indicating that they could reboot the PAP2 remotely, where that's not possible with the HT502 for some reason. If that's the case, a 'reboot' button somewhere in vPanel might not be a bad idea. IIRC, if the PAP receives a reboot command while it's in use, it will hold off on the reboot until the line is idle. (I hope voipo confirms this before making a reboot button available on the vPanel! )

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    (I hope voipo confirms this before making a reboot button available on the vPanel! )
    But you know how much fun Id have with my wife and kids while I was at work...
    I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    I recall Tim indicating that they could reboot the PAP2 remotely, where that's not possible with the HT502 for some reason. If that's the case, a 'reboot' button somewhere in vPanel might not be a bad idea. IIRC, if the PAP receives a reboot command while it's in use, it will hold off on the reboot until the line is idle. (I hope voipo confirms this before making a reboot button available on the vPanel! )
    If my experience thus far with the SPA2102 and now the PAP2T is meaningful, I have yet to reboot to maintain phone service. Only if it's something I am doing on my network that requires a reboot, do I do so.

I'm mainly thinking of the situation where support changes a provisioning file. (And the 'comfort factor' as it's been oft requested in the wake of the HT502 issues...)