Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grandstream HT502 Update

Default Re: Grandstream HT502 Update

Just as a heads up, we are moving forward with the recall. This will not impact the majority of HT502s we have in use and is meant for the defective ones having the loss of registration issue only.

We are almost ready to announce how the recall is going to work and just need to finalize the logistics.

If you have a history of registration loss happening for you with the HT502, you can go ahead and open a replacement ticket for a quick review rather than waiting for the full process of identifying the users with the defective ATAs to get your situation taken care of sooner.

Replacements have already gone out or are they way out for everyone with an open ticket about the registration issue or a replacement request in cases where we could find past reports of the issue.

We also had been compiling a list of users that reported it often and they were included in that first round.

We've secured a lot of additional Linksys PAP2 inventory and it'll be arriving throughout the week with the largest shipment on Monday.

So again, for those affected by this issue, please contact support if it's still occurring so we can expedite your request outside of the replacement phases.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Just as a heads up, we are moving forward with the recall. This will not impact the majority of HT502s we have in use and is meant for the defective ones having the loss of registration issue only.

We are almost ready to announce how the recall is going to work and just need to finalize the logistics.

If you have a history of registration loss happening for you with the HT502, you can go ahead and open a replacement ticket for a quick review rather than waiting for the full process of identifying the users with the defective ATAs to get your situation taken care of sooner.

Replacements have already gone out or are they way out for everyone with an open ticket about the registration issue or a replacement request in cases where we could find past reports of the issue.

We also had been compiling a list of users that reported it often and they were included in that first round.

We've secured a lot of additional Linksys PAP2 inventory and it'll be arriving throughout the week with the largest shipment on Monday.

So again, for those affected by this issue, please contact support if it's still occurring so we can expedite your request outside of the replacement phases.
    Got my replacement today 3-7-09. Thanks!

Yes, I got mine too, but am having a hard time getting past the username/password. I don't know what they are... I searched on here, but have yet to find it. I also looked through the knowledge base and nothing. I tried the default 502 username and password combo but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    Yes, I got mine too, but am having a hard time getting past the username/password. I don't know what they are... I searched on here, but have yet to find it. I also looked through the knowledge base and nothing. I tried the default 502 username and password combo but it didn't work.
    It should provision automatically. If it didn't, just contact support and they can get you situated.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It should provision automatically. If it didn't, just contact support and they can get you situated.
    It did, and the voice sound wonderful.... The reason I want to be able to get in, is... IF I have to reboot the unit, I am usually at work, and I log into my home network from their and reboot the unit. I have no other way of doing this until I get home and pulling the power on it. This worked very well with the 502, being able to log in, and just hitting the reboot option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    LOL funny when I read this I was looking for the login info myself. I know its provisioned automatically I just wanted to see what user settings there are. It would appear there are none. Sounds good to me. It is working fine.

There is no way to log in to the PAP2 and reboot it, unless you have the administration password, which you should not have for a provisioned device. If you're at home and want to reboot the device (without pulling the power cord), you can pick up your voipo phone and dial **** (you will hear "configuration menu") and enter the command 732668# (that spells REBOOT, if you look at your phone keys). I expect that you will not need to reboot this device as often as you had to do with the HT502.

Thanks Fisamo, I do understand that completely, and do understand I can pick up my phone and reboot it. But for me, that defeats the purpose. I can walk over, unplug it and plug it back in faster than I can dial. This doesn't help me when I'm not at home. I was just under the impression that it was somewhat similar to the 502 in regards to rebooting.

Stupid question. Supplementary Service Settings Message waiting. Both user 1 and 2 are set to no. What does changing this setting do.

I was one of the 10% with registration problems. I actually asked for a PAP2 a few weeks ago just to put this to bed quickly.

Everything has worked great (PAP2 behind my router) since then.

I never liked the combo router part of the GS502 anyway and the PAP2 plays nicely with my Linksys modem and router.