Thread: Emailed voice pitch higher than original

Default Emailed voice pitch higher than original

This is just an observation, not a complaint. Has anyone noticed that the emailed .wav voicemail is higher pitched than the original? I began to notice that people's voices sounded higher than normal, and investigated. If I listen to it via phone, it's spot on, but via email, it's 1/2 step higher in pitch. (I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...

Default Re: Emailed voice pitch higher than original

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    This is just an observation, not a complaint. Has anyone noticed that the emailed .wav voicemail is higher pitched than the original? I began to notice that people's voices sounded higher than normal, and investigated. If I listen to it via phone, it's spot on, but via email, it's 1/2 step higher in pitch. (I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...
    Depending on the audio program you use, the pitch can be varied.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    (I'm a musician, so I actually recorded myself playing the piano to test my theory, and sure enough, it is!). Again, this is no big deal, and I wonder if it's maybe my computer? I should test it on a different machine to be sure...
    So " Slaughter on 10th avenue" actually sounds like its on 11th avenue?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    So " Slaughter on 10th avenue" actually sounds like its on 11th avenue?
    Inflation alone, would cause that to happen.