Default Re: Express 2.0 Coming Soon

I'd like to help test.

I'm available; let me at it!

Hows this coming along?

Feature request -

I would like to be able to have a voicemail-only number. I thought I might be able to achieve this by setting the "number of rings" to 0 or by leaving the "forward destination" box empty. Problem is, vPanel does some error checking on that field and won't accept a null entry. I also found that I can't enter one of my own numbers (on that Express account). I am glad that error checking is there and don't suggest taking it away!

However, setting the number of rings to 0 does cause the target phone to at least give a splash ring. I thought I might be able to use the FreePBX trick of having calls to that incoming# get "play ringtones until the caller hangs up" black hole destination. Problem is, that destination "answers" the channel, so the Voipo voicemail never picks up.

I realize that I can forward the call to a dummy extension on my PBX system (such as a registered ATA without a phone connected to it), but a 'voicemail only' number (with an API command to query the number of new voicemail messages) would suit my needs nicely.

I'll watch for the new fun areas and abuse them "lightly" [... while I'm waiting for the return of Carrier ]

Any time line for Express 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Feature request -

I would like to be able to have a voicemail-only number. I thought I might be able to achieve this by setting the "number of rings" to 0 or by leaving the "forward destination" box empty. Problem is, vPanel does some error checking on that field and won't accept a null entry. I also found that I can't enter one of my own numbers (on that Express account). I am glad that error checking is there and don't suggest taking it away!

However, setting the number of rings to 0 does cause the target phone to at least give a splash ring. I thought I might be able to use the FreePBX trick of having calls to that incoming# get "play ringtones until the caller hangs up" black hole destination. Problem is, that destination "answers" the channel, so the Voipo voicemail never picks up.

I realize that I can forward the call to a dummy extension on my PBX system (such as a registered ATA without a phone connected to it), but a 'voicemail only' number (with an API command to query the number of new voicemail messages) would suit my needs nicely.

Just curious what PBX system your using? Windows based or Linux/Unix?

Asterisk - linux-based...

For now, I'm using the built-in voicemail, and that seems to be working for me. I'm not sure how important the VM-only line will be to me, now. (I also haven't thought about the issue in several months...)