Thread: BYOD on GS-502

Default BYOD on GS-502

I am going to give BYOD a try on a Grandstream 502 I have left over from Viatalk. Is anyone else using a 502 on BYOD and any suggestions to some settings?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: BYOD on GS-502

I am BYOD using the GS. Give it a try, if you have an issue or you lose registration, PM me. Just an FYI note, there appears to be a bug in the latest firmware (...21). NAT traversal is either Yes or No. If you set it to "No, but send keep alive", it will reset to No on reboot. I have mine set to yes and am using a STUN server.

Excellent. I see my provisioned GS is running that firmware also. I wonder if that might fix my issue.

For those having connection issues with their GS HT-502 - I suggest you DO NOT use Voipo's stun server (zeus.voipwelcome.com). This stun server utilizes NAT symmetric UDP which in itself is not bad, but seems to have issues of slow or no connection for inbound calls. Suggest you use a public stun server that allows NAT open internet. At least for me, that solved my connection issues.

Any STUN servers you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Any STUN servers you would recommend?

This is the one VOIPo uses.

Thanks Burris, I will see if support can add that to my config file and plug the 502 back in. The DTMF tones are just too much to deal with right now. I may even put the 502 on a timer and have it reboot at 5:30 AM or something.