Thread: Unresolved Issue? I want to hear about it.

Default Unresolved Issue? I want to hear about it.

If you've worked with our team on an issue that's still unresolved or you've had a bad experience, I want to hear from you.

We've seen some pretty huge growth since launching publicly in December primarily from our partnership with HostGator (now hosting 1.8 million websites). With the level of growth we're seeing (particularly this early in the game), there will always be cases where some things will fall through the cracks support wise or not be handled as well as they should. On top of that, we recently had the "Grandstream Recall" where we recalled and replaced a huge number of Grandstream ATAs that would not maintain their connection to our network. This added an extra layer of chaos to the mix and very likely increased the small % of poor experiences. The problem is that most of the time, we don't know about these situations until it's too late and there's already been a lot of frustration, so we can't really do anything about them.

Now that the recall is basically complete and things are getting back to normal, I'd like to find users that have had ongoing issues that fall within this area and personally attempt to get them resolved.

If you have a general support or sales inquiry, please do not contact me directly. Instead, use our normal sales and support channels....e-mail support@voipo.com, call us at 877-99-VOIPO or use the Live Chat on our site. We have a great sales and support team based here in Houston ready to help.

I'm only looking people who have already been working with support and have hit a "wall" or have ongoing issues after going through the normal channels.

Examples:

- Unresolved support issues that our support team has not been able to resolve over time

- Number transfers that are taking an unusual amount of time (more than 2-3 weeks)

- Issues that keep reoccurring

- General feedback on policies/procedures based on experiences

- Situations where polices were not followed

If you fit into one of these categories, e-mail me and let me know. While I don't have a magic wand that can fix all your issues, I'll try to help you out or at least give you a straight answer about your situation. More importantly, I'll be able to use the info to make internal changes, improve training and try to reduce these situations from coming up in the future.

I can't help if I don't know you're having a problem though. E-mail me at tim @ voipo.com and let me know what's going on so I can try to help you out or better yet resolve it for you and address the root cause of the issue so it doesn't surface again for someone else.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 03-20-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Unresolved Issue? I want to hear about it.

OIJ-478491 is a number transfer ticket going on 24 hours with no reply. The transfer itself is taking forever, but I am thankful for what you are doing for me

Thanks

I would like to get some more certainty about the following statements issued by Mr. Timothy Dick. They are with regard to Service Credits.

-----------------------------------------
    STATEMENT ONE. Source: VOIPo forum (see link below):
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...s+active+today

Service Credit

While this did not affect all customers, it should not have happened and was a big issue for those of you that it did affect.
    … … …
    We're going to issue a service credit in the form of a renewal extension of 14 days for all current residential accounts that are active as of today. This will be applied at some point within the next week.
    --------------------------------------------------

STATEMENT TWO. Source: a reply to my ticket # CJD-639915:

We do not provide any SLA or uptime guarantee for residential service and the service is provided on an as-is basis.
    -----------------------------------------------

Please, explain.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    I would like to get some more certainty about the following statements issued by Mr. Timothy Dick. They are with regard to Service Credits.

-----------------------------------------
    STATEMENT ONE. Source: VOIPo forum (see link below):
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...s+active+today

Service Credit

While this did not affect all customers, it should not have happened and was a big issue for those of you that it did affect.
    … … …
    We're going to issue a service credit in the form of a renewal extension of 14 days for all current residential accounts that are active as of today. This will be applied at some point within the next week.
    --------------------------------------------------

STATEMENT TWO. Source: a reply to my ticket # CJD-639915:

We do not provide any SLA or uptime guarantee for residential service and the service is provided on an as-is basis.
    -----------------------------------------------

Please, explain.
    We applied a one-time service credit during that incident.

We do not provide any SLA or uptime guarantee though since it's a residential service delivered using the public internet. That credit was a courtesy given that situation.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Thank you. From your response I understand that statement one was a hoax (correct me if I’m wrong), and statement two is true.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    Thank you. From your response I understand that statement one was a hoax (correct me if I’m wrong), and statement two is true.
    No. We issued a service credit for affected customers at the time of the first message.

This does not mean we do so for all issues...only ones we deem it necessary.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com