Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone having virtual #/voicemail problems?

Default Re: Anyone having virtual #/voicemail problems?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Hey guys -- we're getting ready to push a fix -- sit tight, thanks!
    Should I still be sitting tight :-)? What's the latest - a little status update will be appreciated.
    Russell

Mine seemed to start working again about 2 hours ago, but I'd also like some confirmation that they know what the problem was/is and it's fixed with some certainty (so my paranoia about missing calls can subside).

Quote Originally Posted by frankd1 View Post
    Mine seemed to start working again about 2 hours ago, but I'd also like some confirmation that they know what the problem was/is and it's fixed with some certainty (so my paranoia about missing calls can subside).
    Frank, that is correct -- we have officially finished pushing out updates to our proxies that resolve these voicemail issues as of 03/30/2009 8:25pm CST. This update should also resolve issues with Goodbyes and Dead Air when forwarding another number to the VOIPo number or virtual number. Please do let us know if you or any one else is still currently experiencing any further voicemail oddities, thank you everyone for your patience and cooperation!
    ________
    MAZDA L PLATFORM HISTORY
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Frank, that is correct -- we have officially finished pushing out updates to our proxies that resolve these voicemail issues as of 03/30/2009 8:25pm CST. This update should also resolve issues with Goodbyes and Dead Air when forwarding another number to the VOIPo number or virtual number. Please do let us know if you or any one else is still currently experiencing any further voicemail oddities, thank you everyone for your patience and cooperation!
    Appreciate all the effort! My one test call got our recorded message and not the canned one.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Appreciate all the effort! My one test call got our recorded message and not the canned one.
    No problem at all -- that is what we're here for! Glad to hear things so far so good, again do keep us updated if you run into any issues, thanks!

No problem at all -- that is what we're here for! Glad to hear things so far so good, again do keep us updated if you run into any issues, thanks!
    Brandon-

I don't know how widespread the issue was, and I know you're juggling a lot with upgrading the PAP2T f/w, finishing the GS recall, etc. But will you be posting a recap of what caused the problem? This one spooked me a little, because it apparently was going on (in my case anyway) for at least four days before I noticed, and the only reason I discovered it was my dad telling me my outgoing greeting sounded "weird" (the generic message), and why I didn't return his calls. With other problems, we notice quickly if our calls aren't connecting, voicemails are garbled, etc, and we complain/you fix pretty quickly. But all the people leaving messages on my virtual line over several days could think I was blowing them off because I didn't know anything about the messages they left, and depending on the situation, explaining that I was having "voicemail problems" can sound pretty lame.

Anyway, as long as voicemail and/or failover are in place and working correctly, I can zen out most hiccups for the short time it takes to fix them. But if these systems fail, and in this instance, fail without any obvious indication to anyone that something needs fixing, I lose my zen. So any details you're able to share are appreciated!

Frank

Frank,

Essentially there were just some lingering bugs with virtual numbers / voicemail that were most recently addressed, we ended up just completing redoing voicemail routing -- so it handles all of these complete scenarios.

Thanks!