VOIPoJustin Guest

Default Re: Dallas Latency / Potential Network Attack

pop back up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmaven View Post
    Well - it's certainly been trying - unsuccessfully - since
    Last Registration At: 3/30/2009 21:29:26
    Current Time: 3/30/2009 22:25:34

Registration Retry Interval is 30 seconds. If it loses registration then it will try every 30 seconds. Unless the adapter does not know it lost registartion and thinks its online.

My line 1 is registered, but line 2 is not. Also, outbound calling issue - after about 30-45 seconds, it cuts the call off and goes to fast busy. Related?

Quote Originally Posted by dmbmar View Post
    My line 1 is registered, but line 2 is not. Also, outbound calling issue - after about 30-45 seconds, it cuts the call off and goes to fast busy. Related?
    Likely, yes.

Go ahead and reboot if you're still seeing this and then update your ticket if it does not resolve it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Is another side effect of this calls either say "Thank you" then hangup right after dialing or maximum call length 30 seconds?

It was not a matter of 5 minutes. It was at least 6 hours, people! Please, understand that.

Sorry if you felt my reply was rude. All I wanted was to get an explanation if it was ever possible to get a smooth service. I finally got a PAP2T, and I spent some money on a router. And I spent lots of time configuring it. Also, I was told (oh.. and You, Xponder1 told me that) that my registration issues will be fixed once I get a PAP2T and a router. And here I am, just after 4 days of running on PAP2T, loosing registration for the nearly whole day. What reaction do you expect from me? Just put yourself in my situation. Everyone here praises Timothy but actually the company’s service is far from yearning much praises. Nearly every day there are new issues coming in. After all, I’m helping YOU, VOIPo, to fix your issues. Seems like not much people here even care to point at these problems. Or, afraid maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    Very nice stason99. Maybe VOIP isn't for you. It is the Internet you know.
    Internet? No. My internet is fine. It’s VOIPo. When you have to sit next to you ATA and pull the power cord every day VOIPo is not gonna be for you either.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurrey View Post
    Is another side effect of this calls either say "Thank you" then hangup right after dialing or maximum call length 30 seconds?
    If they can't connect to the core outbound routing servers, it's possible yes.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Rebooted at 8:40 MDT. No help. Line 1 does not register. Line 2 does. Ticket updated.

Also tested outbound call - fails at about 45 seconds - goes to fast busy. Inbound appears to be normal.
    Last edited by dmbmar; 03-30-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Updated

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoJustin View Post
    pop back up yet?
    No - a reboot of the PAP2 did nothing.

I bounced my network, then rebooted the PAP2 and it registered.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbmar View Post
    Rebooted at 8:40 MDT. No help. Line 1 does not register. Line 2 does. Ticket updated.

Also tested outbound call - fails at about 45 seconds - goes to fast busy. Inbound appears to be normal.
    Reboot and try now (or wait until it re-provisions every hour). I think I see what happened with yours. The update changed your SIP ports to new default ones. We've restored all SIP ports to what they were before.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com