Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Latency / Potential Network Attack

Default Re: Dallas Latency / Potential Network Attack

Will reboot shortly and update thread and ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by stason99 View Post
    Internet? No. My internet is fine. It’s VOIPo. When you have to sit next to you ATA and pull the power cord every day VOIPo is not gonna be for you either.
    I'll just let your comment stand for itself as an indication you obviously don't even understand the point of Tim's post regarding the Dallas latency. Again, it's the Internet, not necessarily VOIPo, and these things will happen with VOIP. Sorry for your recent troubles, but people need to understand the Internet is far from perfect, filled with hackers, script kiddies, and other trash, and you need to accept the good with the bad. I won't clog this thread with any further comment.

Will reboot shortly and update thread and ticket.

Update. After reboot, outbound calling issue appears to be resolved. However, only one line (line2) is registered. Half way home.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I'll just let your comment stand for itself as an indication you obviously don't even understand the point of Tim's post regarding the Dallas latency. Again, it's the Internet, not necessarily VOIPo, and these things will happen with VOIP. Sorry for your recent troubles, but people need to understand the Internet is far from perfect, filled with hackers, script kiddies, and other trash, and you need to accept the good with the bad. I won't clog this thread with any further comment.
    I thought you meant my ISP. So replied with that in mind as my ISP seems very stable. Anyway, Tim said that if there’s any issues with registration, PAP2T should reconnect themselves. That supposed to be the main advantage over HT502s.
    Last edited by stason99; 03-31-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Dmbmar...Are you still having an issue with your lines? I am having the same issue with only line 2 active. Still waiting to hear back on my ticket.

Yes, same issue. Line 2 registers, line 1 does not. All else appears to be working normally.

Well at least I know I'm not the only one

Looks like right after I typed that line 1 came back online so (fingers crossed) all appears to be back to normal now.

Nice. Still no luck here, but I know they are working on it. Since I have 1 line, not that concerned. Yet.

Now it works!
    Last edited by dmbmar; 03-31-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Status Changed

Quote Originally Posted by dbmaven View Post
    No - a reboot of the PAP2 did nothing.

I bounced my network, then rebooted the PAP2 and it registered.
    Sometime overnight - both lines failed to register - I have no idea if this was related to the internal latency issue or not.

The reboot did nothing, had to bounce my network again.