Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else down?

Default Re: Anyone else down?

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Would this DDOS attack in theory affect people that are not having their audio relayed though the Voipo servers? I would think in theory it shouldn't.
    Yes. All the signaling would still have to go through our network to establish the calls, so major latency there would cause an issue.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Smile Re: Anyone else down?

Ah ok. I am a better resource manager than VoIP engineer.

Would this DDOS attack in theory affect people that are not having their audio relayed though the Voipo servers? I would think in theory it shouldn't.
    I am on east01 and my audio is not relayed through Voipo servers. My ATA did not go down yesterday and when people had problems, I tried making some outgoing calls and it worked fine. ATA and vPanel showed I was registered. I am not sure if this was isolated to the Dallas servers.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    I am on east01 and my audio is not relayed through Voipo servers. My ATA did not go down yesterday and when people had problems, I tried making some outgoing calls and it worked fine. ATA and vPanel showed I was registered. I am not sure if this was isolated to the Dallas servers.

That's why I asked as I am supposed to be on East01 also and I was getting dead air.

That's why I asked as I am supposed to be on East01 also and I was getting dead air.
    We're showing you're using a HT502 on Central02 in Dallas.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're showing you're using a HT502 on Central02 in Dallas.

That must be because I took the pap2 out and put the 502 back in after the wife was done giving me dirty looks.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're not even seeing attempts from your account at all which is very odd.

I know in the past you mentioned having to reboot your router for it to connect, have you tried that time time?
    Every time I reboot the router, it registers successfully. At the first expiration (which looks like 250+ seconds) - *BAM* = FAIL. Cannot connect to registration server (or whatever the exact message is in the PAP2 status page), and vPanel shows nothing.

My ticket update by support shows a suspicion that this was related to issues at your datacenter.

I will reboot everything tonight when I get home and we'll go from there.

Brandon also indicated that he was reviewing my router logs (from the earlier ticket) and (paraphrased) 'was seeing some very weird things'....

If it's all related to issues at your data center I'll be happy. For most of the prior week - it just worked. No port forwarding or anything at all in the router setup - almost an 'out of the box' router config - which is the way it should be...

VOIPoLukeBotha Guest

Hi guys,

There was a network failure earlier which affected registrations - This has since been resolved.

More information regarding the network failure can be found using the URL listed below:

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...1222#post11222

If you're still experiencing any issues please direct a ticket to the Support department by emailing support@voipo.com.

We'll gladly look into this for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbmaven View Post
    Every time I reboot the router, it registers successfully. At the first expiration (which looks like 250+ seconds) - *BAM* = FAIL. Cannot connect to registration server (or whatever the exact message is in the PAP2 status page), and vPanel shows nothing.

My ticket update by support shows a suspicion that this was related to issues at your datacenter.

I will reboot everything tonight when I get home and we'll go from there.

Brandon also indicated that he was reviewing my router logs (from the earlier ticket) and (paraphrased) 'was seeing some very weird things'....

If it's all related to issues at your data center I'll be happy. For most of the prior week - it just worked. No port forwarding or anything at all in the router setup - almost an 'out of the box' router config - which is the way it should be...
    I can confirm this behavior as well. Prior to this week, it was just working, didn't have to port forward on my router or anything. As of late Tuesday, things got bad again. Unfortunately, there were "two changes". The firmware upgrade and the network instability. I also was usually connected after the reboot and then unable to connect. This of course led me to reconfigure my router for the port forwarding recommended. Change #3. As of now things are working but the WAI (and index of the current Wife Acceptance Factor) is at a new low and the installation might not survive another extended outage.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoLuke View Post
    Hi guys,

There was a network failure earlier which affected registrations - This has since been resolved.

More information regarding the network failure can be found using the URL listed below:

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...1222#post11222

If you're still experiencing any issues please direct a ticket to the Support department by emailing support@voipo.com.

We'll gladly look into this for you.

Thanks
    HEK-343939