Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed: Reviews

Default Re: Help Needed: Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Ok. I was reminded about dcurrey's one hour rebooting issue, so decided to watch the router and promptly at 1 hour both phone lights went dark for a very short period of time. I now see:

Current Time: 4/6/2009 23:11:37 Elapsed Time: 00:00:07

I need to get to work tomorrow and will be headed to bed after I hit the submit button on this entry.
    I have not had any issues to speak of but I checked and as you can see from my results above it rebooted again.
    Current Time: 4/6/2009 22:22:32 Elapsed Time: 00:05:57

Quote Originally Posted by dcurrey View Post
    My pap2t has never made it past the hour mark since it was updated to 5.x firmware. It may have had that problem before. They make an hourly change to my config. I have asked support about reboot problem they say its normal.

I know what is being changed but not sure why they do it that way. I am sure Tim would prefer I keep my mouth shut about it.
    If you're talking about the password changing hourly, that shouldn't affect rebooting at all. As far as I know the only ones seeing this are users that have either reported issues so we have certain things enabled on their ATAs or they're users with custom provisioning entries.

I don't believe users with standard provisioning see this unless we apply a change to the primary provisioning profiles.

When a user has anything outside of the normal provisioning profile, all the provisioning fields are provisioned each time since they're not using our standard template. This doesn't cause any interruption of service since it's only about 2 seconds and the PAP2 waits until it's idle. The registration doesn't even expire before the provisioning change is applied since they're set to 5 minutes, so there's no interruption at all.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 04-06-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    If you're talking about the password changing hourly, that shouldn't affect rebooting at all. As far as I know the only ones seeing this are users that have either reported issues so we have certain things enabled on their ATAs or they're users with custom provisioning entries.

I don't believe users with standard provisioning see this unless we apply a change to the primary provisioning profiles.

When a user has anything outside of the normal provisioning profile, all the provisioning fields are provisioned each time since they're not using our standard template. This doesn't cause any interruption of service since it's only about 2 seconds and the PAP2 waits until it's idle. The registration doesn't even expire before the provisioning change is applied since they're set to 5 minutes, so there's no interruption at all.
    Current Time: 4/6/2009 23:15:36 Elapsed Time: 00:59:00
    So I watched and refreshed a minute later. The two lights on the ATA went out for about 2- 3 seconds and then it was back up.

To my knowledge since I have had no issues at all with the PAP2 I do not have any kind of custom settings so I should have the standard provisioning file.
    Current Time: 4/6/2009 23:16:40 Elapsed Time: 00:00:02

My pap2t has never made it past the hour mark since it was updated to 5.x firmware. It may have had that problem before. They make an hourly change to my config. I have asked support about reboot problem they say its normal.

I know what is being changed but not sure why they do it that way. I am sure Tim would prefer I keep my mouth shut about it.
    I didn't see Tim's message and have now seen it.
    Last edited by Russell; 04-07-2009 at 04:50 AM.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post

I would like to better understand why I have this 2-3 second blip every hour. To be honest it's of concern to me in the sense - if a incoming or outgoing call is attempted during this blip, I take it the call with fail?

Also, I'm curious as to why my password changes hourly? Does this mean if I will not be able to use a softphone? And, why should I have anything outside normal in my provisioning profile? Other than issues with the virtual number (distinctive ring and voicemail - which were rearchitected in the last week and so presumably done at server level) the only request I had was to be moved to east01. Feel free to reply to my email on record, it that's preferred.
    Russell

Also, if some admin can move the discussion about an hourly rebooting to a new thread and leave a link in here to the new thread it would be appreciated.
    Russell

I was able to confirm if you are on the phone when it provisions the ata will wait for you call to end. Has the same behavior if you make a config change manually.

The ata might see the line go off hook and wait for call to complete before rebooting when placing a call. I have not tested this. But yea you will have a couple seconds downtime while the ata reboots and re-registers.

Its not the sip password thats being changed. So your softphone should continue to work.

I was able to confirm if you are on the phone when it provisions the ata will wait for you call to end. Has the same behavior if you make a config change manually.

The ata might see the line go off hook and wait for call to complete before rebooting when placing a call. I have not tested this. But yea you will have a couple seconds downtime while the ata reboots and re-registers.

Its not the sip password thats being changed. So your softphone should continue to work.
    Then the only other password I can think of is the admin password. I'm puzzled as to why that needs to be changed hourly. No one from the outside can access the PAP2 since it's behind a NAT router. So why change the password every hour? Needless to say my concern is this window of downtime (however small).
    Russell

I'm curious too now. Tim, what password is being changed hourly?