Thread: X-Lite

Default X-Lite

Recording calls with X-Lite is awesome. I was offered $105.00 credit by a company csr then when I called back the next csr is telling me I am full of it in a nice way. So I played it back for her.

Wow they just paid for my next year of VOIPo.
    Try it out.

Default Re: X-Lite

Did you have to give some kind of disclaimer to the first person that you were recording their call?

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Did you have to give some kind of disclaimer to the first person that you were recording their call?
    http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. (In my case I am the one party)

You also have to check the law in the state you live in. Note if you speak to someone outside of your state that they can use what ever law is in their favor.

Most businesses use that default "This call may be recorded " message. My take is if its legal for them to record the call then its legal for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Recording calls with X-Lite is awesome. I was offered $105.00 credit by a company csr then when I called back the next csr is telling me I am full of it in a nice way. So I played it back for her.

Wow they just paid for my next year of VOIPo.
    Try it out.
    I'll ask a really dumb question: what's the mechanics of playing it back? In other words did you use a regular phone for the second call and then hold the receiver near your computer speakers which were playing back the X-Lite recording. Or, did you use X-Lite for the second call too. In which case is there contention for the speakers by both playback devices? Or, ... Just curious about the details.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I'll ask a really dumb question: what's the mechanics of playing it back? In other words did you use a regular phone for the second call and then hold the receiver near your computer speakers which were playing back the X-Lite recording. Or, did you use X-Lite for the second call too. In which case is there contention for the speakers by both playback devices? Or, ... Just curious about the details.
    In my case I recorded the original call and the when I called back I had called from the ATA instead of X-lite.

It puts the recordings in My Documents/X-Lite and they are regular wav files.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. (In my case I am the one party)

You also have to check the law in the state you live in. Note if you speak to someone outside of your state that they can use what ever law is in their favor.

Most businesses use that default "This call may be recorded " message. My take is if its legal for them to record the call then its legal for me too.
    Good to know, thanks.