Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *20 for call forwarding not working?

Default *20 for call forwarding not working?

Is something going on ith call forwarding that is different? I have tried forwarding to my cell phone a few times today with crazy results. when I dial *20 followed by the number to forward to, I either get a fast busy, or I get a "thankyou" after the first number or so. Something happens because If someone tries to call my number, it does not ring here so who knows where the call is being forwarded to. I have to disable the forwarding with *21 before I can receive calls again. This is on a pap2t. Anyone else seeing this or is this a known issue?

RA

Default Re: *20 for call forwarding not working?

Hello,

Are you inserting 10 or 11 digits when doing *20? Please try using *20[10 digit phone number], rather than 11 digits.

Hello, I did used ten digits. I never use 11 digits for any dialing since I know it is not necessary with Voipo.

RAA

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Hello,

Are you inserting 10 or 11 digits when doing *20? Please try using *20[10 digit phone number], rather than 11 digits.

Rick,

Could you please dial *20[phone_number] and enable forwarding temporarily, thanks!
    ________
    Fisting German
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Sorry for the late response, but I just logged in and saw your message. I have enabled forwarding with *20 or at least I hink I have. After dialing the sequence *20 954xxxxxxx, I got a fast busy signal. If you could email me privately when I can disable it, it would be appreciated as I usually don't log onto the forums more than once a day. Thanks.

When you dial this are you doing it all at once or is there a delay between *20 and the destination number?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I do a slight delay, but not too long. I also find that I sometimes get a "thank you" after the first digit or so if I pause too long.

I still have it enabled and I guess it thinks it is forwarded but I have no idea where it is sending calls to. I called it from my cell and got a fast busy after several seconds.

RAA

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    When you dial this are you doing it all at once or is there a delay between *20 and the destination number?

Ok, I just had a few folks test this while it is forwarded and it is definitely broken as they all get silence when they call my Voipo number followed by a fast busy. I went ahead and opened a ticket (DHO-839721) because it really seems to be broken big time.

VOIPoJustin Guest

Out of curiosity, do/did you also have call forwarding enabled within vPanel (or enabled, with no destination specified)? If the device specific star code is used, as well as the vPanel option -- they could be conflicting with each other.

[edit] Looks like this shouldn't be a problem after all, were you able to reach resolve? [/edit]

We'll look into this more and identify exactly what's going on with your specific case.

Quote Originally Posted by ralfaro View Post
    Ok, I just had a few folks test this while it is forwarded and it is definitely broken as they all get silence when they call my Voipo number followed by a fast busy. I went ahead and opened a ticket (DHO-839721) because it really seems to be broken big time.
    Last edited by VOIPoJustin; 04-23-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Rick -- is everything resolved now, please advise if you are still experiencing any difficulties with using star code forwarding, thanks!