Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *67 issue

Default Re: *67 issue

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    PAP2T's behavior when dialing / utilizing internal *67 functionality:

John picks up phone, dials *67 [sound clicks and you get a new dial tone]

Now behind the scenes what happens to the SIP traffic / header data sent from PAP2T to our network:

INVITE sip:digits_dialed_with_out_*67 prefix (is stripped).

This has always been the behavior I've seen, but it wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong, if you guys have seen otherwise? Perhaps there is some kind of toggle / setting / method.

As for us requiring 10 digit dialing for *67 -- you can use 7,10,11 digit with *67, perhaps earlier this was a bug, however should not have any issues with it currently, please advise if otherwise!

Thanks!
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r191...cy-not-working
    Read the very last reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Read, and testing..... .
    ________
    Toyota wiki history
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Read, and testing..... .
    Testing is fun...

Testing is complete -- looks like it works as expected, passes SIP headers through un-altered. I come from the 'Cell Phone - Era' so the dial tone it clicks over to sounds a bit funny, however this dial tone frequency can be changed as well, however if this is expected behavior? I'd assume we could leave that alone.

Provisioning has been updated for everyone -- this should now be available to you and automatically update within the hour, if not -- please do a power-cycle on your PAP2T device and allow for 2-3 minutes to elapse while it pulls down its new provisioning settings.

Thanks guys, and apparently I stand corrected!

Glad to see you implementing that. In POTS-land, the "second dialtone" is a stutter dialtone, similar to when you have voicemail waiting. If you want the PAP2T to emulate that (stutter tone instead of high-pitched dialtone), I think there's a "message waiting" tone entry you can copy the tone sequence from. To me, even though the default second dialtone is 'odd', it's fairly obvious that it is a second dialtone. OTOH, if your userbase would rather see the stutter tone, (I recommend against making the 2nd dialtone the same as the default dialtone), you can switch the tonescript as mentioned.

It's also worth noting that if you make a 3-way call, the second call you make (with the first party on hold) gets that same high-pitched dialtone.

Tested and it works
    Dial tone is pretty high pitched like you said but it does the job.
    Edit- Tested 7 digit as well as 10 digit. Both work.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-10-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Testing is complete -- looks like it works as expected, passes SIP headers through un-altered. I come from the 'Cell Phone - Era' so the dial tone it clicks over to sounds a bit funny, however this dial tone frequency can be changed as well, however if this is expected behavior? I'd assume we could leave that alone.

Provisioning has been updated for everyone -- this should now be available to you and automatically update within the hour, if not -- please do a power-cycle on your PAP2T device and allow for 2-3 minutes to elapse while it pulls down its new provisioning settings.

Thanks guys, and apparently I stand corrected!
    Excellent!

My preference would be to make it similar to what's in POTS land. However, we can live with the "funny" sounding dial tone as the new behavior with the dial tone a la POTS is definitely preferable.
    Russell