Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *67 issue

Default *67 issue

Tried to block my number with *67 and every time I dialed the *67 I would get a busy tone. Submitted a ticket about it at 4:26PM but never received anything more than the automatic response.
    Ticket #LAU-313221

I have experimented and it works if I dial quickly and all at once *675555055 but any delay after *67 results with a busy tone.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

Default Re: *67 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Tried to block my number with *67 and every time I dialed the *67 I would get a busy tone. Submitted a ticket about it at 4:26PM but never received anything more than the automatic response.
    Ticket #LAU-313221

I have experimented and it works if I dial quickly and all at once *675555055 but any delay after *67 results with a busy tone.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
    I never tried it the way you described, but it does it as well.

Never noticed it because all my house phones behave the same as my cell phones. I simply dial the number...then hit talk and away it goes. I haven't dialed after getting a dial tone for years..

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I never tried it the way you described, but it does it as well.

Never noticed it because all my house phones behave the same as my cell phones. I simply dial the number...then hit talk and away it goes. I haven't dialed after getting a dial tone for years..
    Well I had this problem before and they changed something that fixed it in just a few minutes. Still have not heard anything on this ticket. Could someone in support please let me know if its supposed to work like it does on every other system *67, pause 2 sec, dial tone, dial or is it now supposed to be *67dial.

I find it odd because if I dial *67 and wait I hear a busy tone after about 1.5 seconds. In comparison if I act like I am calling someone and just dial 66 there is about 7 seconds for you to finish dialing the number before hearing the same busy tone.

It should be *67Number without waiting.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It should be *67Number without waiting.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

It's likely that the PAP recognizes *67 as a "feature code" that's been disabled. So if you dial it and pause, it matches something 'known' to be invalid. If you dial 66 and pause, that is not recognized until the PAP figures out that you're not going to dial any more digits and then sends what you've dialed (in case you had set it up as an outbound route).

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    It's likely that the PAP recognizes *67 as a "feature code" that's been disabled. So if you dial it and pause, it matches something 'known' to be invalid. If you dial 66 and pause, that is not recognized until the PAP figures out that you're not going to dial any more digits and then sends what you've dialed (in case you had set it up as an outbound route).
    Support says that its all handled on their end and they do not use any features of the ATA. As Tim said above you dial *67number and it works. What they did fix was the time out. When I dialed *67 before in about 1.5 seconds it would give a fast busy. So if you dialed *67 and then looked down to read a number it was at a fast busy. They set the timeout to 3 seconds instead of that 1.5.

Tim, you need to remember that anyone coming from a pots line is going to expect it to go back to a dial tone after dialing *67. In fact when I had the 502 it worked that way. So any documentation on the feature should say that you dial it all at once.

I found this post http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r191...cy-not-working. that I found of interest in this discussion. I understand what works for one company may not work for another but the last reply there seems to indicate there is a feature in the PAP2 that if put to use would allow it to work like most people are used to (while still working the current way as well) and still send it to VOIPo's servers all at once. Might at least be worth looking in to. Less confusing = more satisfied customers. Having it return to a dial tone to me confirms that you used the feature and would be what most folks would expect.

This is what makes me believe that this may be run by the server.

Looking at my backup SPA2102 that mirrors the provisioning config on the PAP2T, I see the following...

The Vertical Service Activation Codes field although almost totally filled, don't have a *67 in that field...
    The Supplementary Service Subscription fields all show the server activation fields set to yes...with the exception of Block CID Ser set to 'no'.
    With this as it is, my *67 works as Tim indicated, and all the other services work as well..

As I indicated, I haven't used the wait for dial tone POTS routine for the 5 years I have had VOIP because I have always had cordless phones and was used to the cell phone procedure..

For me, I don't know how it could be any better.

I would like to see it work the way I was used to it on my old POTS line. If what Xponder1 says is true, I would like to see this functionality enabled on my PAP2T. Remember, people don't like change. It's a big enough change that they are switching from POTS to VOIP. Try to keep the features the same as they are on a typical POTS line and the new converts will be satisfied with the service.

Check out the last post in the dslreports.com thread mentioned above (also linked here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,19182875 ). If you want a 2nd dial tone immediately after dialing *67 but have the ATA send the dial string (including the *67) to the server, this is the way to program the ATA.

Tim--you might consider reconfiguring your default provisioning file to include *67 and other appropriate * codes (those that require entering another number, such as call forwarding) into the field mentioned there.