Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Feature: Remote Access - Control Features/Dial Out

Default Re: Alpha Feature: Remote Access - Control Features/Dial Out

Xponder,

Could you PM me the dial sequence you are using for these tests, i.e. specific numbers etc, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Xponder,

Could you PM me the dial sequence you are using for these tests, i.e. specific numbers etc, thanks!
    PM sent. Was not sure what you wanted exactly so I did my best. If you need anything more just let me know.

Has anyone else had a chance to test this?

The more feedback we can get this week, the better.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tim, here is a quick test. First I called in using my cell phone and entered my primary VOIPo number as the destination. I was connected quickly, and the CID showed my cell phone number.

Then I called in, again from my cell, pressed * and entered password, and tried to call 1-800-4444 as the destination. That is an MCI number that will read back the CID. I got a fast busy. I then tried it again, but without the "1" country code. I was quickly connected to MCI, which read back the CID as my cell phone. I can't recall whether this is the CID that is supposed to display using this feature. I assume it did not work using 11-digit dialing because you eventually want to enable international calling, but this should probably be fixed.

Finally, I called in and tried to enter a feature code (*23, do not disturb). It didn't like that and kept repeating, "Please enter the destination number or the feature code." So this also needs to be fixed.

Generally, the voice prompts were a lot clearer than the last time I tried to use this feature.

Following up, I was going to try again using a different feature code, but right after entering my password the call was disconnected. I tried again with the same result. Have you taken it off line to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post

Finally, I called in and tried to enter a feature code (*23, do not disturb). It didn't like that and kept repeating, "Please enter the destination number or the feature code." So this also needs to be fixed.

Generally, the voice prompts were a lot clearer than the last time I tried to use this feature.
    It does not give a confirmation it just returns to the menu ("Please enter the destination number or the feature code."). Sounds like it was doing what it was supposed to. A message saying "Do not disturb enabled" might clear that up. I noticed when I set fail over to voicemail that it did not say anything and went back to the menu. I then logged in vpanel and checked and it had set fail over to voice mail (I normally have it fail over to another phone). That is how I noticed there is no time out because I just left my phone off the hook while I did it and it just kept repeating itself.

It'd be great if you guys could continue to test this as much as possible. There is some time blocked out this week for development on it and bugs are being addressed on it as reported.

We have a few new things being rolled out by the end of the month and this is one we hope to include.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    It does not give a confirmation it just returns to the menu ("Please enter the destination number or the feature code.").
    You are right! I just noticed a message on my voicemail, but I was sitting near the phone and it never rang. The "Do Not Disturb" must have been enabled, but I didn't know it. Some response would be most helpful, even the "Thank you" we get when we enable a feature from the primary phone.

I should also mention that the outbound calls made through this feature do not show up in the call logs on VPanel.

It would be nice if you had press "**" to hear feature code options,
    and pressing say "##" interrupted the help, back to dialing choices.
    (Just thinking ...)

After some wrong dialing, have you considered a VOIPo human for assistance?

Calling my VOIPo number worked, and passed my cell phone ID.
    Calling work gets the same "enter your destination number" as the response.(over each try)
    (It says you can press * for more member features or some-such ...)
    (Or if it said "That is not a valid VOIPo account number".)

If only valid VOIPo numbers work on answer, it should say "please enter a VOIPo phone number you wish to call. VOIPo accounts and features can be accessed by pressing *" - or something similar.

It is very impressive that VOIPo numbers can simply be dialed with the initial phone number. Will you have Canadian access numbers too?

The interface is seems very reliable and will be a great standard feature. I would like to register say 3 cell phone numbers, that let me dial out without all the account/password preamble. Is that possible, or are you worried that it will get spoofed?

If it was one stored number, then simply dialing the destination, it would get the WAF Approval. Anything less will get Geek Approval.

The In-Laws can as easily call from an Access Number to VOIPo number, so that will get the Relatives Approval (Except while they are in Canada for half of the year.)

Also, it would be nice if your outbound routing would work once logged in. After all, some of us probably remember our shortcuts better than actual numbers - Like "555" I have for work. (I usually dial "555#" because it connects faster.)

NICE WORK!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Another Idea
    ========

How about an 800 call-back number that works in the USA and Canada?
    You call it, and the 800 response says:

• your number is "555-555-5555"
    • VOIPo, press 1 if this is correct (You press one.)
    • Please hang-up (You hang up)
    • (Your phone rings, you answer, and its the Remote Access service now connected.)

Archive that CID so next call, it merely says "VOIPo, please hang-up"

Maybe that is more cost effective in general?
    Being a call-back, it minimizes the Toll-Free costs.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!