Thread: Block International Calls

Default Block International Calls

Block International Calls under Basic Features on VPanel is confusing. The option, "Enabled", means allow all international calls and "Disabled" means disallow all international calls.
    The heading should be changed to Allow International Calls or simply International Calls.

Default Re: Block International Calls

I suggest (stealing from your ideas)

International Calls: Block|Allow

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Yeah, it is confusing, especially if you are familar with Windows syntax - block international calls enabled means blocking international calls is set to true which should block international calls, not allow it.

That's how I have always read it...

Quote Originally Posted by ksarpong View Post
    Block International Calls under Basic Features on VPanel is confusing. The option, "Enabled", means allow all international calls and "Disabled" means disallow all international calls.
    The heading should be changed to Allow International Calls or simply International Calls.
    That's not true.

Block international calls: Enabled
    means you will NOT be able to make international calls.

Block international calls: Disabled
    means you WILL be able to make international calls.

This is from my own experience. I am not confused. Please don't try to confuse people here.

Sal,

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    That's not true.

Block international calls: Enabled
    means you will NOT be able to make international calls.
    Block international calls: Disabled
    means you WILL be able to make international calls.

This is from my own experience. I am not confused. Please don't try to confuse people here.
    Sal,
    You are rather confusing people. Your so-called experience is a palpable lie. You are probably suffering from dementia.

Currently, "Block International Calls: Enabled" means you CAN make international calls. "Block International Calls: Disabled" means you CANNOT make international calls.

I've been testing the 2 options for 2 weeks now. In fact, I just tested it a few minutes ago. When I set 'Block international Calls' to Enabled I can make international calls. However, when I set 'Block International Calls' to Disabled I can NOT make international calls. I get a recording saying that my call cannot be completed as dialed and that I should contact the operator.

Next time you should mind the language you use to respond to messages. You are not the only person who uses VOIPo for international calls. 2 people responded to my original message, and affirmed my suggestion. If your demented mind is giving you strange experiences, you should keep them to yourself instead of coming here and pretending to be a know-it-all.

Now Now Guys --- we have adjusted the terminology to be more clear.

To allow international calls simply select "Allow International Calls" -- to block international calls simply select "Block International Calls".

You are rather confusing people. Your so-called experience is a palpable lie. You are probably suffering from dementia.

Currently, "Block International Calls: Enabled" means you CAN make international calls. "Block International Calls: Disabled" means you CANNOT make international calls.

I've been testing the 2 options for 2 weeks now. In fact, I just tested it a few minutes ago. When I set 'Block international Calls' to Enabled I can make international calls. However, when I set 'Block International Calls' to Disabled I can NOT make international calls. I get a recording saying that my call cannot be completed as dialed and that I should contact the operator.

Next time you should mind the language you use to respond to messages. You are not the only person who uses VOIPo for international calls. 2 people responded to my original message, and affirmed my suggestion. If your demented mind is giving you strange experiences, you should keep them to yourself instead of coming here and pretending to be a know-it-all.
    Well, they have changed it. I have no way of testing it again. So I will let it go. And I will not respond to your language.
    Last edited by sal; 06-16-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    To allow international calls simply select "Allow International Calls" -- to block international calls simply select "Block International Calls".
    cp.voipo.com doesn't have this change yet ... secure.voipo.com has it.

Quote Originally Posted by zcnkac View Post
    cp.voipo.com doesn't have this change yet ... secure.voipo.com has it.
    Thanks for that report -- should now be synced, thanks again!
    ________
    Pissing movie
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.