Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoiper Softphone Help

Default Zoiper Softphone Help

Hi,

I am trying to use Zoiper with Voipo using the info. provided from the Control Panel of Voipo. The problem is that I am unable to get Zoiper to register the SIP settings. Here is what Zoiper asks for and I enter the info. from the VPanel of Voipo for my account:

DOMAIN: I enter -> sip.voipwelcome.com
    USERNAME: I enter my phone number 804xxxxxxx
    PASSWORD: I enter my password

When I try to register, it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
    drkolosis

Default Re: Zoiper Softphone Help

Do you have an ATA also registered? Try adding :5064 to the end of the domain.
    I Void Warranties.

I would email support and find out if you should be using the sip. server. You should have your softphone connected to the exact same server your ATA connects to or you will have issues. Been there done that.

Also, I think they have to give you a sip password.

Quote Originally Posted by drkolosis View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to use Zoiper with Voipo using the info. provided from the Control Panel of Voipo. The problem is that I am unable to get Zoiper to register the SIP settings. Here is what Zoiper asks for and I enter the info. from the VPanel of Voipo for my account:
    You are supposed to get your softphone credentials from VOIPo support, not from vPanel. The domain you listed is quite different from the ones I was given.

Quote Originally Posted by drkolosis View Post
    Hi,

DOMAIN: I enter -> sip.voipwelcome.com
    USERNAME: I enter my phone number 804xxxxxxx
    PASSWORD: I enter my password

When I try to register, it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
    drkolosis
    I was dropping a child off at a 4 week camp and just configured zoiper "on the fly, so to speak" for the child this afternoon. All I entered were the above three pieces of information which I obtained from the vPanel. Zoiper works fine - I selected the option where it does not register as I don't want our calls to go to this child's laptop (but still want her to be able to call home).
    Russell

The info in the control panel will be correct.

What kind of error is it giving you? Are you using it from the same network where you have your adapter connected?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The info in the control panel will be correct.

What kind of error is it giving you? Are you using it from the same network where you have your adapter connected?
    Tim,
    My control panel says sip.voipwelcome.com . If you will recall it was me setting my softphone to that that caused a service interruption resulting in my account being suspended just about a month or two ago. My ATA is on Central01.

Are you sure what it says in Vpanel is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Tim,
    My control panel says sip.voipwelcome.com . If you will recall it was me setting my softphone to that that caused a service interruption resulting in my account being suspended just about a month or two ago. My ATA is on Central01.

Are you sure what it says in Vpanel is correct?
    Yeah. It's setup differently now. I'll post a full softphone update tonight but basically the vPanel info is correct.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yeah. It's setup differently now. I'll post a full softphone update tonight but basically the vPanel info is correct.
    Looking forward to the posting ... I set one child who has gone for a four week camp with the new vPanel credentials which I set up this afternoon. Zoiper set up NOT to register. The child successfully called home.

Another child in Central America has the old credentials which I got via a ticket some months back. The child just called a few minutes ago. Once again setup to not register but using the same server as my ATA. Can I leave this as is?

And, we'll be on vacation in July with the ATA unplugged and using a softphone when we have Internet access.
    Russell