Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoiper Softphone Help

Default Re: Zoiper Softphone Help

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Another child in Central America has the old credentials which I got via a ticket some months back. The child just called a few minutes ago. Once again setup to not register but using the same server as my ATA. Can I leave this as is?
    Yes, you can leave as is. The changes really only affect customers without SIP credentials already.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'm in my VPanel now and have the following information provided at BETA; SIP ACCOUNTS:

Here you can create SIP accounts that you can use with any SIP compatible Softphone or ATA device to receive calls.

These SIP accounts are for inbound calls only and we do not offer outbound calling services for them at this time.

I was hoping to use 3rd party softphone as described in this thread, but according to the info above I will only be able to receive calls, not make them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bwyatt View Post
    I'm in my VPanel now and have the following information provided at BETA; SIP ACCOUNTS:

Here you can create SIP accounts that you can use with any SIP compatible Softphone or ATA device to receive calls.

These SIP accounts are for inbound calls only and we do not offer outbound calling services for them at this time.

I was hoping to use 3rd party softphone as described in this thread, but according to the info above I will only be able to receive calls, not make them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bill
    We actually don't offer pay as you go outbound calling....only inbound service. I know some providers do that, but we stick to residential service and inbound forwarding.

If you need outbound calling, you'll need to get an unlimited residential plan.

Here is some information: http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 08-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Sounds like you're using an Express account, not the BYOD/Softphone feature of the Residential account. The Residential account can also get SIP credentials for making and receiving calls. However, the calls made on that account are limited to domestic use.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Sounds like you're using an Express account, not the BYOD/Softphone feature of the Residential account. The Residential account can also get SIP credentials for making and receiving calls. However, the calls made on that account are limited to domestic use.
    Yes, I have an express account. I'm catching on and quite impressed with the response and activity here!

I'm opening a residential account and learned this evening that in order to keep my toll free number forwarding I will need two separate accounts - express and residential.

Just a minor inconvenience. It would be nice to be able to upgrade my existing account to accommodate the additions instead of the necessity of having individual accounts. (Not complaining - just a suggestion!)

You can 'link' your accounts in vPanel. If the system doesn't link them automatically, submit a ticket and request it. In the top center, next to your name and the logout button, there's a dropdown selector. If your accounts are linked, you can switch between 'vpanels' using that selector. My Express and Residential accounts are linked, so I can log in with either set of username/password (for vPanel), and switch over to the other one.

Perfect!

Thanks fisamo.

Opened two residential accounts today and am in the process of porting numbers to both. Opened a fax number as well and chose the toll free option. Support then explained that I could port my local fax number and replace the toll free fax once it goes through, so that's now in the mix.

Could not complete the transaction through Vpanel, but the chat support did it manually with me online and everything was linked in Vpanel when all was done. Could not have been smoother.

Assuming former provider will accomodate the transfer in a reasonable amount of time, this was indeed an experience to brag about.