Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Something I did notice with SIP ports..

PAP2 is provisioned for ports 5060-5061

RT is provisioned for ports 5061-5062

Doesn't appear to be causing any problems, but should any of the ports overlap with a setup like this?
    Both of mine are 5060 and 5061. Not reporting this as an issue but stating a fact. Brandon fixed mine last night so it now registers. They're both online at present. I need to test incoming after which I'll make the RT31P2 feed the house wiring. Notice it does a ring splash with voicemail which the PAP2T did not - I like the ring splash.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Both of mine are 5060 and 5061.
    That means your router is doing its job correctly

Same ports, different internal IPs.

But now that I think of it,
    In devices, I have the real world IP.
    I only have the PAP2T so no worries here.

Do both your ATAs report the same IP and the same Ports

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    That means your router is doing its job correctly

Same ports, different internal IPs.
    I know. That's why I said, "Not reporting this as an issue but stating a fact." :-) when I responded to Burris' comment about common ports.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Better question...has anyone noticed anything not working on them?

Any features you've tried and had issues with?
    It reboots every once in a while. Which kills your internet connection for everything behind it when it does. Just did it a few minutes ago and I saw a "network cable unplugged" popup in my XP box. Since this is a freebie it's no biggie. However, I wouldn't want to put devices behind it for which I want excellent uptime. And also there's a slight window in which you can miss a call - this behavior is probably shared with the PAP2T as some kind of VOIPo config "feature".
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Has anyone used this behind a router yet?

Not yours but I used the last one I had with my Voipo numbers with no issues...
    I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    It reboots every once in a while. Which kills your internet connection for everything behind it when it does. Just did it a few minutes ago and I saw a "network cable unplugged" popup in my XP box. Since this is a freebie it's no biggie. However, I wouldn't want to put devices behind it for which I want excellent uptime. And also there's a slight window in which you can miss a call - this behavior is probably shared with the PAP2T as some kind of VOIPo config "feature".
    Although I reported that it was working with both ATAs behind the router, last night I had an inconvenient experience as a result..

Forever it seems, I keep my simulring activated to my cell and it has worked flawlessy. Last night, however, after going to sleep and having shut off my cell, we got a few calls from my wife's brother up North...the phones rang once--CID appeared--but line was dead. After the second call, we called back to find out that my wife's sister was injured. Her brother said he left 2 messages, but I couldn't figure out how as our answer machine was empty.
    The messages went to my cell voice mail.

Anyway, I looked at the VPanel and with no intervention from me, both ATAs were now using the same SIP ports. Changed by itself since earlier in the day.
    I removed the RT ATA and all went back to normal.

Lesson...don't experiment when you're not there to intervene if something goes South..

Since I got it, I have used it off and on, always behind the router, and in addition to PAP2T.
    I had to reset it from back button originally since it would not connect, once done, and populating provisioning field, it provisioned and connected right away, not a single hiccup so far.
    When I power it up, shows up in vpanel. Phone connected to it rings with PAP2T connected phones, and essentially works like a cloned line.
    I have setup distinctive rings for some of my phone numbers in vpanel, and it works great on both PAP2T and rt31P2.
    My router is MONOWALL.

dvijen

Forever it seems, I keep my simulring activated to my cell and it has worked flawlessy. Last night, however, after going to sleep and having shut off my cell, we got a few calls
    Burris, a little OT, but what is the normal behavior when simulring is active and your cell is turned off? I mean without the new ATA, does your VOIPo line ring?

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Burris, a little OT, but what is the normal behavior when simulring is active and your cell is turned off? I mean without the new ATA, does your VOIPo line ring?
    With the PAP2 or with my SPA2102 even when the cell is off, my VOIPo line rings.

I suspect the instance of 2 ATAs sharing the SIP ports may have caused the problem, and as I mentioned, even though it worked earlier in the day, something changed at night that caused both ATAs to latch on to the same SIP ports. Earlier in the day, only one port was duplicated.

Although I reported that it was working with both ATAs behind the router, last night I had an inconvenient experience as a result..

Forever it seems, I keep my simulring activated to my cell and it has worked flawlessy. Last night, however, after going to sleep and having shut off my cell, we got a few calls from my wife's brother up North...the phones rang once--CID appeared--but line was dead. After the second call, we called back to find out that my wife's sister was injured. Her brother said he left 2 messages, but I couldn't figure out how as our answer machine was empty.
    The messages went to my cell voice mail.
    If you have simulring with your cell in effect and your cell is off and you get a call, presumably your cell's voicemail will answer the call almost right away - (of course your VOIPo line will ring once before the call reaches your cell network and voicemail answers). So, wouldn't you get the exact behavior you've described?

Burris, essentially you're expecting Google Voice behavior with Call Presentation in effect?
    Last edited by Russell; 09-02-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    Russell