Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

To access the router part, you can use this info:

User: voipo
    Pass: voipoadmin

As far as the main admin password it's randomly generated per account. By default the remote access port is also randomized (but we store it in our system), but you should be able to change it in there.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks Tim:

I made a configuration change today. RT31P2 is now behind the pfsense box and port forwarding 443 to ILO on my server... It has been parallel till now...

PAP2 still live there also. Time for some test calls...
    I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I see a lot of these up, for those of you using have you had any issues lately?
    I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't like mine.

I signed up for VOIPo a few days ago and I was sent a RT31P2. I was expecting a PAP2-T.

I have a wireless Linksys router, so I put the RT31P2 underneath it, as they're designed to stack upon each other.

After a few hours of use, I thought I got a whiff of some kind of hot plastic smell.

I separated the RT31P2 from my wireless router. I felt the top of my wireless router, and it was a little warm. I felt the top of the RT31P2, and it was MUCH warmer, almost hot. I would worry about the electronics inside degrading with that much continuous heat.

I don't want to reverse their positions and put the RT31P2 on top of my wireless router, as it would partially block its antennas.

What I don't like about my RT31P2 is:
    1. It runs very warm/hot.
    2. It's much larger than a PAP2-T. The PAP2-T form factor would work much better for my cramped space.
    3. It uses more energy to run than a PAP2-T. I hooked up my Kill-A-Watt device to the RT31P2, and it idles at 7 watts and operates at 8 watts. From what I found on the Internet, the PAP2-T only uses 5 watts. (My old voip company's device, a Grandstream 286 only used 1 watt!)
    4. It has a big honkin', heavy AC adapter. I'm not sure how big the adapter is on the PAP2-T, but I'd be very surprised if it were anywhere near this size.

Can I get a PAP2-T sent to me instead? I think I'd be much happier with one of those instead of my RT31P2. Please let me know, Tim. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi99 View Post
    I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't like mine.

I have a wireless Linksys router, so I put the RT31P2 underneath it, as they're designed to stack upon each other.

After a few hours of use, I thought I got a whiff of some kind of hot plastic smell.
    Linksys products have never been designed to stack as far as heat dissipation goes. The heat is compounded when devices are on top of each other. Yes, you can get a way with it if you have a cool room, but most residences are not cool enough. Separate them and you should be good. You do have a point as far as electrical consumption, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi99 View Post
    What I don't like about my RT31P2 is:
    1. It runs very warm/hot.
    2. It's much larger than a PAP2-T. The PAP2-T form factor would work much better for my cramped space.
    3. It uses more energy to run than a PAP2-T. I hooked up my Kill-A-Watt device to the RT31P2, and it idles at 7 watts and operates at 8 watts. From what I found on the Internet, the PAP2-T only uses 5 watts. (My old voip company's device, a Grandstream 286 only used 1 watt!)
    I have a Voipo PAP2T, another PAP2, a SPA3102 and a SPA2000 in a stack. I recently unplugged the SPA's, but when they were all hooked up, I literally burned myself when I grabbed the PAP2T (Second from the top). They were running so hot that I hooked up a Rotron fan behind them in the rack. They are in an un-air conditioned garage (in the summer - in Florida )

I haven't checked the power consumption, but I have noticed that they run VERY warm even when mounted individually. They come with a small switching-type power adapter, so, at least the power supply doesn't waste a lot of power.

I realize it wouldn't help with the space issue, but if the power adapter is really big and heavy, it's probably not a switching power supply, so it more than likely wastes a fair amount of energy. Just changing to a properly rated switcher would probably help reduce power consumption.

Gary

I don't know whether it has something to do with this rt31 hardware, but I would like to report the following issue.

Yesterday I missed a call and the call went to VM and the caller left a vm. From then on the phone will ring once every few minutes.I rebooted the rt31 and still had the same problem. Finally I deleted the VM and from then on phone stopped ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
    I don't know whether it has something to do with this rt31 hardware, but I would like to report the following issue.

Yesterday I missed a call and the call went to VM and the caller left a vm. From then on the phone will ring once every few minutes.I rebooted the rt31 and still had the same problem. Finally I deleted the VM and from then on phone stopped ringing.
    Yes, that's actually a feature they offer to alert you of new voicemail. Kind of like MWI.

We can disable that if you guys don't like it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I would like to turn it off.

My 3 year old was taking her nap yesterday afternoon and the phone kept ringing. I think MWI is the way to go.

I'm not sure if the user 1 and user 2 tabs are open in the PAP2T as provisioned by Voipo, but the PAP2T also has the "MWI splash ring" option (short ring of the phone about once every 30 min when VMbox has new messages). I've found that most providers have that feature disabled (per general user preference), but if the folks at Voipo get bored, they could add the option to toggle it in the "Advanced device settings" page.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yes, that's actually a feature they offer to alert you of new voicemail. Kind of like MWI.

We can disable that if you guys don't like it.
    I absolutely love the splash ring. It's the only way to get the family at home realize that there is voice-mail which needs attention. I do agree much as I love it others will hate is as passionately. Seems an optional setting should keep all happy.
    Russell