Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

First issue to report. The RT31P2 seems to have frozen. Phone leds were dark. Internet light was on, but my computer stopped accessing the internet. I couldn't connect to http://192.168.15.1 - browser hung. Removing and restoring power to the RT31P2 fixed the issue.

If folks are wondering ... the RT31P2 is plugged into an old wireless router and other laptops connected to the wireless router were functioning fine. Luckily, the PAP2T was also connected to the wireless router through an ethernet port and it was working fine too.

Just a report.
    Russell

RT31P2. I press 3# (one of my speed dials - or whatever the right VOIPo term for it is) and get a high pitched tone. I can dial numbers fine. PAP2T (also connected) shows no problem with the speed dial. Note: I've had this speed dial in place almost as long as I've had VOIPo. Looking at call history, it appears that the speed dial worked on Sunday.
    Russell

We have a decent number of these in production now (have for a few weeks actually) with no issues so it's not necessary to test them now. If you had one for testing, you can keep it.

We have been mixing these in with PAP2s once we completed all the internal testing a few weeks ago (sent out as many as 25 RT31P2s per day sometimes) so there's enough out there to have a solid sample.

Haven't had any issues with them.

Thanks for everyone offering to help and for providing the feedback you did in this thread.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 09-24-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Appreciate the gift of the RT31P2.
    Russell

Thanks Tim!

Guess the inevitable question... Will you keep the ones we have on the server you guys had them on or will that change?

Can we still get support to make changes for us on them?

I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    Thanks Tim!

Guess the inevitable question... Will you keep the ones we have on the server you guys had them on or will that change?

Can we still get support to make changes for us on them?

I guess what Tim would like to do is stop supporting them completely and give folks the admin passwords so you now have an unlocked device to play with. Those devices will have the same status of any other independent device as far as being allowed to connect to the network. This will be fair to VOIPo. Anything else will be extremely gracious of Tim and I don't expect it - getting the device is bonus enough, thank you.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We have been mixing these in with PAP2s once we completed all the internal testing a few weeks ago (sent out as many as 25 RT31P2s per day sometimes) so there's enough out there to have a solid sample.
    Are you letting customers know the type of device they are getting? There may be people wanting to run behind their own router, and getting a router style ATA could feel like a bad match.

Are they as small as a PAP2T?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    Are you letting customers know the type of device they are getting? There may be people wanting to run behind their own router, and getting a router style ATA could feel like a bad match.

The RT31P2 is much larger than a PAP2T. I'm a new subscriber and I unexpectedly received the RT31P2 last week (I was expecting a PAP2T).

The RT31P2 does give me the flexibility to put it either between my DSL modem and router or just behind my router. (I installed it behind my router and it came up just fine. I did have to get a bit of help from Cody yesterday to adjust the ports it uses, as they were apparently conflicting with my soon-to-go-away CallVantage ATA. The symptom was that the RT31P2 was periodically deregistering. That has now abated.)

I like the idea of having the flexibility of positioning an ATA on either side of the router depending upon current circumstances and I got used to it as a result of using the CallVantage ATA.

However, the RT31P2 is a brick (no, make that a cinder block!) compared to the PAP2T. Portability of the ATA is a big deal for me. I don't need to move it often, but I do move between a couple of residences periodically and I do travel. Support for nomadic service was a big reason I chose VoIPo and I would much rather have a very compact ATA with a very small AC adapter.

I'm more worried about getting my CallVantage number ported and getting the VoIPo service configured in a way that works for me right now, but I will be talking to VoIPo about a smaller ATA pretty soon.

B2nTX

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post

Right now we're sending out RTs exclusively for a while except as returns come in and we have PAP2s, we send those out right away.

The nice thing about the RT is that it can go either way and works fine behind the router (basically identical to PAP2 in that sense) or can be put in front.

It gives us a lot of flexibility and reduces support loads since it can go in front. It also allows us to recover a lot of the $ lost on the Grandstream recall since we traded all the Grandstreams we had still to another provider in CA that had RTs and preferred Grandstreams.

It's the size of a standard Linksys WRT router.

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-RT31P2.../dp/B0002V8KWM
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Glad they are working so well. Sounds like you have a good supply on hand to send that many exclusively. The logistics of growing fast likely keeps you guys on your toes with supply and demand.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!